correctly issuing a section 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

correctly issuing a section 8

I have a tenant who missed her payment on the 19th August, her next payment is due on the 19th September, at this point she will be two months in arrears (or would it be the 20th when she will be 2 months in arrears?). At this point I can then cite ground 8, aswell as grounds 10, 11 and 12. At what point do I actually serve the section 8 (baring in mind i want to use ground 8) do I serve it on the 6th September ? with a final reminder for rent? (which allows 14 days for court proceedings to begin or do I wait for the 19th to come and go and serve it on the 20th ? or 14 days after 19th (October 3rd ?)

TIA

If your AST allows any period of grace for the rent to be paid, then you will have to wait until the day after that period.

In the meantime, send a breach notice ( final demand )

Comment

Originally posted by Colincbayley View Post
      If your AST allows any period of grace for the rent to be paid, then you will have to wait until the day after that period.

In the meantime, send a breach notice ( final demand )
      Ah- this one ?

if at any time the rent, or any part of the rent, shall remain unpaid for 14 days after becoming due...

So you're saying I can't issue a section 8 until notice until October 4th ?

Comment

Originally posted by cornwall View Post
        Ah- this one ?

if at any time the rent, or any part of the rent, shall remain unpaid for 14 days after becoming due...

So you're saying I can't issue a section 8 until notice until October 4th ?
        That's what I make it. Besides, if you sent them a breach notice ( final demand ) that may well just do the trick anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Colincbayley View Post
          That's what I make it. Besides, if you sent them a breach notice ( final demand ) that may well just do the trick anyway.

Ok - Thanks

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X