deposit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deposit

Hi, Back on 13 July 2009 I rented out a semi-detatched house, (in Nottinghamshire England) My tenant was a single mum with two children, she was on benefits, and assured me the council would pay the monthly rent. There was no deposit paid, and the council did pay the rent, but one month in arrears. The situation has now changed, she now has three children and because of their age, and the benefit rules, she has had to take a part time job. Now she seldom pays any rent, or if she does, it's less than half the weekly rent, the T. A. states in block capital letters that no deposit was paid, and is signed at the bottom of every page by the tenant. My question is, if there was no deposit paid, (as stated in the tenancy agreement) it could not be protected by the D.P.S. and the rules seem to say that "IF" there is a deposit it must be protected within 30 Days, can I still serve a section 21 notice with no D.P.S. info.

If there's no deposit then there's no need to do anything with it as the scheme has no deposit to confirm.

Comment

Thanks for your reply tenant100011894, but my question is when a section 21 goes to court, you must provide D.P.S. information, and I don't have any, would the T.A. stating no deposit paid, be accepted ?

Comment

Yes, of course.

Comment

Yes, you complete the form and state there was no deposit and your tenancy agreement is evidence of that.
          You'll need to provide the tenancy agreement to use the accelerated process in any case.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thank you for all your replies, I've been wondering what to do for months, I will now serve a section 21 and see what happens, Thanks

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X