X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrey
    replied
    Originally posted by pcwilkins View Post
    So it's now a periodic agreement. In which case you need to end the current agreement and get the tenants to sign a new one.

Peter
    Couldn't you prepare a deed of assignment, if assignment is allowed in the terms of your tenancy agreement, which adds the girlfriend onto the existing tenancy? I know it's possible if a joint tenant is leaving and a new one is joining. That's a question, not a statement that you CAN do that, so someone in the know, please respond. If that would be possible you'd have taken care of one of your questions, don't know if you could create another addendum to the existing tenancy agreement stating that the rent has changed to XXX from YYY and get both yourself and the two tenants to sign that. Would that be legally binding?

Just a couple of thoughts if you don't want to do a new tenancy agreement and inventory check etc.

Leave a comment:

• pcwilkins
    replied
    Originally posted by Robin View Post
    The end of the min 6 month period was reached 3 years ago.
    So it's now a periodic agreement. In which case you need to end the current agreement and get the tenants to sign a new one.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• Robin
    replied
    The end of the min 6 month period was reached 3 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• pcwilkins
    replied
    Originally posted by Colincbayley View Post
    At the end of the 6 month period!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Colincbayley
    replied
    Originally posted by pcwilkins View Post
    ...and the 6 month term expires when?

Peter
    At the end of the 6 month period!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• pcwilkins
    replied
    It's a 6 month min term AST
    ...and the 6 month term expires when?

Peter

Leave a comment:

• Robin
    replied
    It's a 6 month min term AST

Leave a comment:

• pcwilkins
    replied
    I intend to increase rent on a flat. The tenant who has lived there for three years has agreed to this.
    His new girlfriend has moved in with him & they want to start a new tenancy agreement with her name included.
    Can I simply ask them to sign the new contract with her name added & the new rental sum required or is there some rig morrol where I have to declare an end to the old contract ?
    "rig morrol"? ah, rigmarole. I see.

What is the old contract --- is it periodic now or still in a fixed term? When does the fixed term expire?

Presumably I'll have to register his deposit as it will relate to the new contract which therefore comes under the new TDS, even though I've had his deposit for three years.
    Cheers
    Yes. If you want to make deductions for damage in the last three years, it might be easiest to do this now (in agreement with T) and then register remaining part of the deposit. But it doesn't make a lot of difference.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• Increasing rent, combined with new contract to include new girlfriend's name

I intend to increase rent on a flat. The tenant who has lived there for three years has agreed to this.
    His new girlfriend has moved in with him & they want to start a new tenancy agreement with her name included.
    Can I simply ask them to sign the new contract with her name added & the new rental sum required or is there some rig morrol where I have to declare an end to the old contract ?
    Presumably I'll have to register his deposit as it will relate to the new contract which therefore comes under the new TDS, even though I've had his deposit for three years.
    Cheers

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X