Quick help re start of tenancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick help re start of tenancy

Hi, my sons just asked me about his friends joint tenancy with one other party, only have rough details as I'm on holiday but here goes....

Full years rent and deposit paid few weeks ago and tenancy dated to start today, however agency won't hand over keys as there's an admin error on the other persons guarantor form, agents error I believe, so they aren't wanting to release keys until Wednesday so can sort out the guarantor forms...

Where does the tenant(s) stand, does the contract start today no matter what or should it be resigned to start when they get the keys, hey really want to move in today and don't want to pay for few days rent if they can't get keys, this is the tenant who's forms were all correct.

Thanks

If the contract is good, the agency/ landlord are in breach and should compensate the tenant(s) for any loss arising.
    Bad news is that there are likely to be small losses and if the agreement is subject to the guarantor agreement it might be a win for the agent.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I assume there is more than one guarantor and joint and several liability - in which case I think the contract should start today, especially as you said a years rent paid already. Forms can be signed with docusign or faxed to the agent, this shouldnt be allowed to prevent them moving in.

If I was in this situation and out of pocket I'd try to hold the agent liable - but then they'll look for any excuse to get you out later.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X