Tenancy Deposit Scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenancy Deposit Scheme

I have agreed distribution of deposit with tenant and submitted same to Deposit Scheme. To date, tenant has not responded to Deposit Scheme to formally agree. What is my next step?

Speak to tenant.
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

I have been messaging tenant but she just replies that she is overwhelmed with move, etc and doesn't respond to dps. I just don't know what next step is if she continues not to bother to act. We have agreed on amount to come to me (landlord) and what amount will be refund to her. (Tenant) by message. She no longer lives locally so I can't visit her in person to discuss.

Comment

Just leave it, its not up to you to chase the tenant. You have agreed a deduction which as been applied the rest of the deposit has been returned so its up to the tenant now, why are you chasing the T?

Was this a custodial or insured deposit protection?
        Any advice I give is my opinion and experience, I am as you also learning.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyp View Post
          why are you chasing the T?
          To get the money owed to them?
          Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Ok so the TDS has time limits right? Assuming this is a custodial protection the LL has applied to the TDS for a portion of the deposit to be paid to them. I would have thought the TDS will write to each party notifying them of this and set time limits to respond and if any party fails to respond the TDS distributes the deposit??
            Any advice I give is my opinion and experience, I am as you also learning.

Comment

Custodial with DPS. We agreed beforehand and I contacted DPS but tenant has not contacted them. That is why I am chasing her. No funds will be distributed until she agrees.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X