Court Possession - Form N5B - pedantic questions from a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Court Possession - Form N5B - pedantic questions from a newbie

I'm not a newbie landlord, but this is the first time I've had to go down the court possession route to end a tenancy, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the questions below:
    1. The AST uses a common abbreviation of my first name -- presumably the name I use on Form N5B should match that, rather than using my full name?
    2. Same question for the tenants - should I match their names exactly to the AST? (Including matching idiosyncrasies such as putting in a middle initial?)
    3. The only version of the signed AST I have is a fairly low-quality scan (although it is indisputably fully legible throughout) -- is the quality going to be a problem? (Yes, I know I should've kept a better copy, but it was signed years ago and hindsight is a wonderful thing....). If not, what can I do about it? I have a good quality copy of the unsigned AST -- will that help?
    4. I sent the S.21 notice by recorded delivery -- would suitable proof that the notice was served (attachment "C1") be the post office receipts combined with a print out from the Royal Mail website showing matching proof of delivery?
    5. Would the "tenancy deposit scheme certificate" just be a print out of the relevant page from the Deposit Protection Service website?

I probably come across as a real worrier but I don't want to get this wrong....

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Send the scan.
    4. Yeah, that sounds okay. Don't use recorded in future as tenant can refuse them.
    5. I think you need a certificate with your code on it. Is that what you mean?

BTW, you might want to think twice about using the online possession website. The N5B they produced and I printed out was turned down by my local court. See here: http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...iculous-judges (I still have no reply to my letter.)
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
      5. I think you need a certificate with your code on it. Is that what you mean?
      Hello, it's a print out of the deposit's page on my Deposit Protection Service account -- it includes all the details of the deposit so I think it's OK.

Sounds a dreadful business with them refusing your form. Sorry to see that.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X