Landlord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord

Hi just need a bit of advice I left a property and not told the landlord so instead of contacting me he's gone straight to the guarantor for the money and got court papers I rang him and tryed to make a plan to pay him back but he gave me loads of abuse on the phone and kept putting phone down I am taking full responsibility for the debt but he's gone to guarantor

So you left the property without giving any notice (and presumably stopped paying the rent that you had contracted to pay?)

The landlord was rightly upset about this and so claimed the monies he was owed from your guarantor, which is his legal right.
    That is what the guarantor is there for; to guarantee that the landlord will get paid the rent (and any damages) that he is owed.

The landlord does not have to accept any further proposal from you, he already had a repayment plan - your guarantor.
    (You have already proven that you yourself are not trustworthy by leaving without notice so the LL will prefer to deal with your guarantor).

So if you guarantor has, or is, paying your debt for you then you now owe your guarantor and not your former landlord.

If your guarantor also refuses to pay what he has contracted to pay if you default on payments, then you can all expect some legal fun.

Comment

Hi can u get back to me about landlord is taking guarantor to court because he says he can't get hold of me the tenant thanks x

Comment

Have you informed G or LL of your current address?

Comment

Why did you leave and not tell the landlord?

Comment

Presumably you did not provide LL with your forwarding address either, so he is pursuing the only person ha can for his loss, your debt?

Comment

Briggie38,

Please don't hijack other people's active threads with your own questions.
              I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X