Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tenant referencing

Hi,

I will need to use a service soon to carry out credit checks, and wondered what service other landlords use? tenant verify do a basic credit search and an advanced service which includes referencing. Has anyone used either of these? Experian also offer a similar service.

I was thinking to do the referencing part myself, so I have a better gauge of the person if I speak to them myself i.e. former landlord etc. Do you guys do the referencing part yourself or just hand it all over to a business to do?

Many Thanks

I don't think they do much more than you could do yourself. But, you can pass the cost on, and they save you having to chase around phoning yourself.

As long as you don't rely on them totally I think they are useful. Tbey also give a nice 'computer says no' when turning someone down.

Comment

Tbh it's such an inexpensive service it's not worth doing it yourself

Comment

Some of the post in my prostitute flat fell open. (Envelope glue ain't what it used to be. ) http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...on-8-Ground-7A

It turned out to be a letter from tenant's bank, telling him that his standing order for the rent on another flat had bounced. I have since notified the other agent. However, both these agents must have used standard referencing procedures for the tenant, and he passed them.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X