Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpkeates
    replied
    That looks like a sensible set of information to both protect the agent and make sure they have the information they need to get their job done.

I think that 6F is not correct, Legionella assessments are not mandatory but it's not the end of the world, as they're probably a sensible idea (although they can be a bit of a rip off).

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Wow! A letting agent bothering to check stuff, odd they don't appear to ask of proof of ownership of the property but they can do a £3 land registry check for that.

A welcome change for an industry where for too long some agents have accepted any clown of a landlord and any state of properties too often:. There clearly are good agents, I have one.

Such a shame that there is no UK wide landlord & agent registration & vetting that could handle these sorts of things.

Artful, Registered landlord.

Leave a comment:

• fletchj
    started a topic NFOPP questionnaire

NFOPP questionnaire

Hi

I am a long term landlord - I am just in the process of reletting a flat and, for the first time, the agent providing a let only service has asked me to fill in a form (provided by the National Federation of Property Professionals) asking for a large amount of detail about legal areas around the ownership and status of the property. I think this is pretty intrusive and would like to know if others have had this experience.

The document is headed "Residential Letting Agency Property Information Questionnaire" you can see the full form here http://www.nfopp-regulation.co.uk/me...agency-piq.pdf

It starts out by saying:-

"This form runs in line with the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and as such it must be completed as wholly and accurately as possible. Under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 both the landlord and agent must disclose anything, within their knowledge, that would affect the transactional decision of the average consumer.
    The purpose of this form is to help landlords and agents to understand the types of details that should be disclosed should they be known. This form however should not be considered exhaustive and as such anything not included on the form that you feel would affect the decision of the average consumer should also be disclosed to potential tenants.
    If you are found to be in breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 then you could face both an unlimited fine and/or imprisonment of up to 2 years.
    The information provided within this form should only relate to the period during which you owned the property; should there be any material information prior to your ownership that you are aware of, there is an ‘additional information’ section at the end of the form you can utilise."

I think this is just trying to scare you into thinking all the information is legally required and I doubt it is.

Overall I don't particularly mind but some of the questions are clearly nobody else's business and cannot possibly be relevant to the granting of an AST. For example - how long have you owned the property - as long as you currently own the property (or have authority to let) who cares? or - "Has Japanese Knotweed ever grown within the property boundary or close vicinity?" - I can see the relevance for buying a property but for an AST?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X