live in tennant/lodger not paid rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cluelessoncanvey View Post
    Interesting advice on the Police. Also interesting you tell me not to pack her belongings, I am guessing this is incase she then claims damages? I know when I was renting the Police then told me they coudl change my locks and throw my stuff out in the street and there's nothing I could do about it (this was about 9 years ago).
    The police have no business getting involved unless there is a possibility of a breach of the peace.
    However people today are much more litigious, a complaint that something has gone missing could lead to theft charges which you would have to defend.

Originally posted by cluelessoncanvey View Post
    I am hoping as I am off next week that she is actually willing to move out and not just saying it, as I was going to volunteer to help her pack and drive her to her place so that their is no excuses. At the moment we are getting on fine, she says I am the best bloke she has met in years and blurted out 'i love you' (she had been drinking!) yeah she came onto me the other night. Let's just hope it doesn't go the other way into hate!
    Be careful, 'A woman spurned..............' and all that.
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

jta,

Thanks for all your help, luckily she turned out to be ok and moved out today (locks not been changed, but hopefully she wont be back), we left amicably, I gave her a lift to the bus station and she seemed to be happy with whatever remainder of the deposit I gave her (minus a weeks rent and guess of £50 for the alcohol she'd drank). I think she was jsut a nice person going through a hard time.

Comment

I would still change the locks, although it may not keep her from your door next time she is drunk and has a fight with her boyfriend. Nice people can get into desperate scrapes

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X