• Show
Clear All

1 England
    2 Sole tenant
    3 6.9.2012
    4. 6 months
    5. Calendar month - payable on 1st
    6. No deposit now, used for rent arrears
    7. Served by hand (and signed acknowledgement obtained from tenant) on 25.5.16
    8. Separate property to ours

Comment

Originally posted by Carpman View Post
      6. No deposit now, used for rent arrears
      Have you got this in writing or documented?

Also Which section 21 did you use?
      Any advice I give is my opinion and experience, I am as you also learning.

Comment

Yes, documented

Form 6A from Government web site - a friend of ours who is a solicitor checked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpman View Post
          Yes, documented

Form 6A from Government web site - a friend of ours who is a solicitor checked it.
          Altough form 6A can be used as far as I know, the RLA recommends using the old style section 21 for tenancies pre- october 2015.
          I quote,

For tenancies in Wales and those in England that started before October 1st 2015 the old service of notice applies
          I have an older tenancy, can I use the new form?
          Yes but as there are multiple additional restrictions on the new form it will rarely be preferable

Comment

What is the old form called. When I looked last week the new one seemed simpler

Comment

I think it's not recommended to use the form 6a for older tenancies as there are requirements that need to be met that were not required pre October 2015. A fussy judge may strike it out. But let others comment before rushing of to reserve another section 21. If it were me I would have served the old section 21 with a saving clause and actioned it after the end of a tenancy period.

Comment

Two related threads have been merged.
                I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X