Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on eviction process

Good evening.

Our T is in arrears, and I completely forgot how to go about eviction. Could somebody give me the link to read on how to do it or direct me to relevant information in the forum. It's STA for the first 6 months, has rented for 8 months but we made a new T agreement two months ago because of the rent increase. I believe it's S8 in this case as S21 can't be served till the end of the new T asgreement (where do I print it out?). Do we need to send a warning letter first or can just send S8? And - completely forgot what to do next. Is it in documents below Section8 form3 England?

Thank you for your help.

Am I right in that Grounds 8(b) - monthly rent and 10a) - rent is unpaid on the date on which the proceedings for possession are begun. Does ground 11 apply (persistently delayed paying rent) in case of two months' non-payment?

Comment

STA - are you in Scotland?
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

In England. New T agreement made 2 months ago, so has to be S8. I was told it can be filled online? Where? What next? Any directions would be helpful.

Thank you.

Comment

You need to use the prescribed form of the s8 (which is on the UK government website and on various landlord association sites) and complete it.
          You should probably use as many grounds as seem relevant, the judge may decide that two month's isn't persistent, but you may as well use everything you can (obviously don't be daft).

The ground that matters is ground 8 - does your tenancy agreement allow that ground to be used in the fixed term?

If you are unsure, there are good on line guides to what to do, and landlord associations have help lines.
          You could even pay someone to do the lot.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Hi, thanks for that.
            My T Agreement's Terms and Conditions say the following: If at any time any part of the Rent is outstanding 21 days after it's due (whether formally demanded or not), the Landlord may recover possession of the property and this contract will come to an end.
            Is it what you mean? It seems to allow to use ground 8 in the fixed term, right?

Comment

I don't think that this clause sounds correct for the use of Sec 8.
              Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Dogs
                by royw
                What does your AST say about it?
                05-12-2021, 23:20 PM
              • Dogs
                by Bridge2020
                My tenant has asked if he can get a dog. Where do I stand on this ?...
                05-12-2021, 11:23 AM
              • Advice on s.8 & s.21
                by Hetty911
                Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Would be grateful for advice on the below.

Have a tenant on a AST which expired in July and has rolled onto a periodic tenancy. Over past 6 months rent has been delayed, partial and on two occasions unpaid. 2 months rent is missing...
                05-12-2021, 22:01 PM
              • Reply to Accelerated possession order
                by Hudson01
                Unless the tenant has dependent children, some, or all with a disability, and some other form of vulnerability for her/him self..... they will be in a crummy emergency accommodation flea pit or a dumpy flat in a place resembling the film set of '' Escape from New York ''. They are deluded.
                05-12-2021, 20:36 PM
              • Accelerated possession order
                by Pariah81
                A tenant has refused to leave the property at the end of her tenancy and has now asked to be evicted as in her words 'that will make her eligible for a council house'.

I am sending an accelerated possession order through the courts but whilst completed the forms noticed two apparent errors...
                05-12-2021, 18:12 PM
                by theartfullodger
                Thatcher's 1988 housing act makes it clear tenant does not have to leave at end of fixed term

Why help tenant take a council property from a more deserving case? I'd decline to serve s21. S8 if possible... (was she ever late with rent?)
                05-12-2021, 19:17 PM
                by Pariah81
                Ok so it looks like the section 21 notice is invalid as a result of this error. The deposit scheme was not in place at the time of the notice.

Apparently the deposit has to be returned in full....
                05-12-2021, 18:35 PM
              • Reply to Dogs
                by ash72
                The good thing is they have asked you prior to getting one, so the decision is yours. If you do decide then I would suggest you increase rent to compensate for your loss in the future.
                05-12-2021, 17:21 PM
              • Reply to Dogs
                by jpkeates
                I wouldn't, but it does depend on what type of dog.
                You should assume your carpets will all need replacing.
                05-12-2021, 16:21 PM
              • Reply to STA, Section 8 and Court delays/Christmas
                by jpkeates
                Assuming it's an AST (STA's are Scottish)...
                You don't have to renew the tenancy, just let it become periodic.
                And, you're right, don't renew it.

To repossess, you'll either have to attend court or pay a solicitor to do so on your behalf.

If the tenant doesn't owe...
                05-12-2021, 16:13 PM
              Working...
              X