Bond Certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bond Certificate

A new tenant is moving into one of my properties. She has been awarded 400.00 Bond Certificate.

She asks will I accept this or do I want the cash. What is a Bond Certificate? Before I say I will accept it I need to know what it is.

Not sure, but if it is a liquid form of equity, it would concern me that she isnt changing it to cash and just giving you that.
    Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

A bond certificate is a certificate from the government that you buy, and is repaid by the government over a long term. It is essentially a loan the owner of the bond makes to the government. This means that you cannot get access to the money immediately, unless you go through a bond broker, I think. However, it would probably give you a decent rate of interest.
      Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

A Bond certificate is issued by an organisation that will guarantee the bond so if something happens the organisation will repay you up to £400 based on you providing receipts. We work with an organisation called Caerohilly Move on and have 3 tenants with these bonds, they last the duartion of the AST and can be renewed so long as the tenant is in situ. I would ask the tenant who is issuing the bond and call them and talk it over.
        GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Having read them I have decided not to bother with them, but to have the cash instead.

Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X