X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richard1234
    started a topic Youth Social Care Companies

Youth Social Care Companies

Has any heard of a company {Mod - name removed}?

They "bridge the gap to indenpendent living for young people often coming out of residential care aged 16-17 years old, by providing support, accommodation and life skills"

An angent is encourageing us to consider letting them rent our property. They are offering more than the rent we are asking for and offering to maintain the property. A carer would live in the house with two teenagers who they are looking after.

Does anyone have experience of this company as a tenant or simiilar youth social care companies?

• sshb
    replied
    many thanks! I have declined their offer.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Originally posted by sshb View Post
    thanks, they said if we agree they will pay within 24 hours
    BARGAIN OFFER! 1 DAY ONLY! ROLL UP, ROLL UP!

Typical dodgy sales crap.
    You'd expect it more from a secondhand car trader than a genuine charity.
    Are they pushing for a quick decision and sign up because they have something to hide?
    And once they pay you they have a contract you will find hard to get out of.

If you are seriously considering this, despite the flaky sales tactics, then take your time and check the scheme and all the angles out properly.
    They will still be there and eager to rent your property.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Ask the agent to give you a couple of references of landlords who support their belief that the company is good and that you should rent to them.

You'd be renting to a business not people, so there would be no AST rules, which can be either good or bad.
    Teenagers with problems and a carer sounds a bit risky, but you'd definitely have an idea of who you're renting to unlike joe bloggs who you financially verify and rent to.

I don't like things that aren't standard and I'd want to see it has worked for other people.

Leave a comment:

• sshb
    replied
    JK0,

Thanks for your help! They didn't really say this, I found this info on their job ad for care workers. The agent just said the company is good and can even help with maintainance of the property; and can pay three-month rent up front.

Leave a comment:

• sshb
    replied
    jta,

Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

• sshb
    replied
    thanks, they said if we agree they will pay within 24 hours

Leave a comment:

• jta
    replied
    Hello
    Please can someone help? I have a similar question and it is a bit urgent. This {Mod - name removed} company mentioned that " our young people have challenging behaviour and complex needs and need emotion support". Is it too risky to become this company's landlord?
    Thank you very much for your help!!

A situation like this means that you would be supplying a perfectly good property to people that have no interest at all in it other than the government grants they get for their clients.

At the end of the contract you will be left with a property that is wrecked

Do not touch with the proverbial bargepole. No matter how much they offer!

Leave a comment:

• Hippogriff
    replied
    How on earth is it a bit urgent?

Leave a comment:

• Ericthelobster
    replied
    This {Mod - name removed} company mentioned that " our young people have challenging behaviour and complex needs and need emotion support". Is it too risky to become this company's landlord?
    Do you really need to ask?

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Challenging behaviour? Whatever could that mean? Couldn't be anything like the kids I met at boarding school, could it?

Like punching holes in walls, throwing bricks around, deliberately breaking things?

Leave a comment:

• sshb
    replied
    Hello
    Please can someone help? I have a similar question and it is a bit urgent. This {Mod - name removed} company mentioned that " our young people have challenging behaviour and complex needs and need emotion support". Is it too risky to become this company's landlord?
    Thank you very much for your help!!

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Is it worth becoming a BTL landlord if you have no DIY skills?
    LordLand78
    Does the average BTL landlord do a ton of DIY? I have a disability which means that most DIY is simply impractical, meaning I will likely never pickup DIY skills, except the ones that involve no hand strength or dexterity (lol). Thanks
    17-10-2019, 16:26 PM
  • Reply to Is it worth becoming a BTL landlord if you have no DIY skills?
    ram
    Are you fully conversant with ALL the rules and regulations, laws, deposit protection, eviction procedures, and such overlooked things such as, it's not your house any more as you have assigned it over to a tenant. You cant just call unannounced ( best not to ), nor wander round unannounced, as it's...
    18-10-2019, 23:47 PM
  • Reply to Is it worth becoming a BTL landlord if you have no DIY skills?
    LordLand78
    I already own a house outright and am planning on letting it out for £1000-£1200pcm, and using the income to pay cheaper pcm rent elsewhere. According to my research and calculations, after fees (say 15%) for full management, taxes, and unforeseen expenses (say £2-3k a year), I should have a yearly...
    18-10-2019, 23:07 PM
  • Five Friends Renting a Home.
    PaulBlartFan
    Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, I'm new to the forum.
    Me and 4 other (completely unrelated) people are looking to rent an unfurnished 5 bed house sometime in 2021, from what I have seen it does not seem possible to do that legally, and instead we would need to rent a HMO.
    The...
    17-10-2019, 22:06 PM
  • Reply to Five Friends Renting a Home.
    AlexR
    At the outset your plan looks good...…. but stuff happens and that's why there are rules. The rules are there because you are 5 individuals who may all have partners, individual schedules, cooking requirements , bathroom timetables etc and that uses a house in a different way . At some time the...
    18-10-2019, 22:56 PM
  • tenant with 3 kids
    abc777uu
    Hi,
    My current tenant has 2 kids and living in my 2 bed flat.
    the kids are a 5 years old girl and a 6 months old baby boy.
    recently, I came to know that the tenant’s wife is pregnant.
    by law, can they stay in 2 bed flat with 3 kids?

Please advise.
    Thanks...
    16-10-2019, 14:10 PM
  • Reply to tenant with 3 kids
    leaseholder64
    The actual legislation basically says that it is a defence that they have applied for council housing and haven't refused a reasonable offer. Relatives are also allowed to hold over until they find alternative accommodation. In practice they won't get council accommodation and the chances are that...
    18-10-2019, 21:57 PM
  • Does deposit cover rent?
    Lawcruncher
    A tenancy agreement contains the following provision:

The landlord may make reasonable deductions from the deposit for any damage or costs incurred, or as provision for unsettled bills

Does that cover rent? I do not think it does since rent is not any of damage, costs or an...
    16-10-2019, 21:50 PM
  • Reply to Does deposit cover rent?
    Lawcruncher
    Strictly they are not 100%, but I think we can concede that it is not unreasonable to assume that most deposit provisions cover rent.

For the record, the agreement from which the deposit clause was taken was very amateurishly drafted in other respects....
    18-10-2019, 20:44 PM
  • Reply to Does deposit cover rent?
    Lawcruncher
    Any assumption that the deposit automatically covers anything has in my view to be incorrect. The deposit is a security and only covers what the agreement says it covers...
    18-10-2019, 20:39 PM
Working...
X