Youth Social Care Companies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Social Care Companies

Has any heard of a company {Mod - name removed}?

They "bridge the gap to indenpendent living for young people often coming out of residential care aged 16-17 years old, by providing support, accommodation and life skills"

An angent is encourageing us to consider letting them rent our property. They are offering more than the rent we are asking for and offering to maintain the property. A carer would live in the house with two teenagers who they are looking after.

Does anyone have experience of this company as a tenant or simiilar youth social care companies?

Hello
    Please can someone help? I have a similar question and it is a bit urgent. This {Mod - name removed} company mentioned that " our young people have challenging behaviour and complex needs and need emotion support". Is it too risky to become this company's landlord?
    Thank you very much for your help!!

Comment

Challenging behaviour? Whatever could that mean? Couldn't be anything like the kids I met at boarding school, could it?

Like punching holes in walls, throwing bricks around, deliberately breaking things?

Comment

Originally posted by sshb View Post
        This {Mod - name removed} company mentioned that " our young people have challenging behaviour and complex needs and need emotion support". Is it too risky to become this company's landlord?
        Do you really need to ask?

Comment

How on earth is it a bit urgent?

Comment

Hello
            Please can someone help? I have a similar question and it is a bit urgent. This {Mod - name removed} company mentioned that " our young people have challenging behaviour and complex needs and need emotion support". Is it too risky to become this company's landlord?
            Thank you very much for your help!!

A situation like this means that you would be supplying a perfectly good property to people that have no interest at all in it other than the government grants they get for their clients.

At the end of the contract you will be left with a property that is wrecked

Do not touch with the proverbial bargepole. No matter how much they offer!
            I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

thanks, they said if we agree they will pay within 24 hours

Comment

jta,

Thanks for your help!

Comment

JK0,

Thanks for your help! They didn't really say this, I found this info on their job ad for care workers. The agent just said the company is good and can even help with maintainance of the property; and can pay three-month rent up front.

Comment

Ask the agent to give you a couple of references of landlords who support their belief that the company is good and that you should rent to them.

You'd be renting to a business not people, so there would be no AST rules, which can be either good or bad.
                    Teenagers with problems and a carer sounds a bit risky, but you'd definitely have an idea of who you're renting to unlike joe bloggs who you financially verify and rent to.

I don't like things that aren't standard and I'd want to see it has worked for other people.
                    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

thanks, they said if we agree they will pay within 24 hours
                      BARGAIN OFFER! 1 DAY ONLY! ROLL UP, ROLL UP!

Typical dodgy sales crap.
                      You'd expect it more from a secondhand car trader than a genuine charity.
                      Are they pushing for a quick decision and sign up because they have something to hide?
                      And once they pay you they have a contract you will find hard to get out of.

If you are seriously considering this, despite the flaky sales tactics, then take your time and check the scheme and all the angles out properly.
                      They will still be there and eager to rent your property.

Comment

many thanks! I have declined their offer.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Statutory periodic tenancy vs contractural periodic tenancy.
                          buttons
                          Having learned that a tenant without giving notice is still liable for council tax if a contractural periodic tenancy comes onto force at the end of a 6 month fixed term simply by adding this to the agreement, are there any disadvantages for a Landlord in adding this to a contract such as a change in...
                          17-07-2019, 18:23 PM
                        • Reply to Statutory periodic tenancy vs contractural periodic tenancy.
                          leaseholder64
                          The sub-paragraph in question only applies after the end of "fixed tenancy", but explicitly includes the possibility of an SPT, or other periodic continuation....
                          18-07-2019, 17:28 PM
                        • Reply to Statutory periodic tenancy vs contractural periodic tenancy.
                          Lawcruncher
                          If my definition of a fixed term tenancy is correct, that is that it is a tenancy which only has one possible end date (excluding any early termination by surrender, forfeiture, exercise of a right to break or whatever other than effluxion of time) then a tenancy granted for any length of time and expressed...
                          18-07-2019, 17:12 PM
                        • Part of deposit not protected
                          coppernob
                          Hi all,

Last December we entered into an AST (initial 6 month fixed term) and paid a deposit of £900, which included a £200 pet deposit for our dog. This full £900 was put into the a deposit protection scheme.

Towards the end of January we wished to get another dog, and...
                          16-07-2019, 10:26 AM
                        • Reply to Part of deposit not protected
                          DPT57
                          Tell the landlord that if he repays you the deposit in full from his own funds, you will agree to him retaining the full deposit that's in the DPS account. It shouldn't be beyond his means to front fund this for 30 days....
                          18-07-2019, 16:40 PM
                        • Best option
                          Locornwall
                          I am considering buying a bungalow. It has a garage to the front and in a large rear garden, an outbuilding.

When considering making money from a possible lodge or Airbnb, what would you say is my best option? Maybe to convert the garage and provide extra room for an in house lodger or...
                          18-07-2019, 13:57 PM
                        • Reply to Best option
                          jpkeates
                          It was mentioned, but the main debate in that thread is whether the use of some kind of granny flat would be a lodger or a tenancy arrangement.
                          So mostly about people living there.

Creating a situation where people stay somewhere temporarily is a different thing (it seems to me)....
                          18-07-2019, 15:18 PM
                        • Finding replacement tenant
                          Chihuahua1461
                          Hi guys,

Looking for some help or advice. I am currently renting from a private landlord in a shared living arrangement in the UK.

My current 12 month (and then rolling monthly) lease is due to end. In the contract it stipulates it is my responsibility to find a replacement...
                          18-07-2019, 00:19 AM
                        • Reply to Finding replacement tenant
                          jpkeates
                          I don't think the indefinite contract things going to fly.
                          This is a straightforward lease with an initial term that continues in some (oddly undefined) way.

The only unusual thing about it is that the terms of the continuation aren't defined, which they normally would be - so there...
                          18-07-2019, 15:14 PM
                        • Reply to Finding replacement tenant
                          Chihuahua1461
                          Fingers crossed an expert will spot this as you say leaseholder64 - tell me their name, I'm not privy to such etiquette 😁

So it looks like I have to find a replacement prior to leaving then? Any previous tenants I have known have done this. It just makes it difficult to find myself a...
                          18-07-2019, 15:06 PM
                        Working...
                        X