TDS - recommendations please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDS - recommendations please.

Now that we are a few months into Tenant Deposit Schemes are any members willing and able to recommend a particular scheme?

This week I am due to receive my first deposit since TDS inception and am curious to hear members views to date.

Thanking you kindly in anticipation.

Kind Regards

Joanne

I used http://www.depositprotection.com and paid the deposit by debit card.
    Forms for s213 stuff I got from propertyhawk, and seemed to go quite soomthly, but having said that I have not yet needed to claim anything back as the Tenancy has just started.

K

Comment

Am also in the Deposit Protection and am in a mess with my subletting crook of a tenant. My solicitor has said keep the deposit- easier said than done

Comment

As will be seen in the Autumn, particularly after 5 October (6 months since inception) under the custodial scheme there will be multitudinous problems for landlords wanting recompense for erring tenants.

As Karen has written, the custodial does cause problems for landlords. It's great for tenants though !!

The insurance scheme on www.my deposits.co.uk wins hands down for landlords.
        On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Because of the number of posts I have done, I am now a Senior Member. However, read anything I write with the above in mind.

Comment

Thanks for the contribution guys (& gals).

Guess I will have to do a bit more research before placing the deposit money anywhere. I knew this day would come.... LOL

J

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Tenant in situ
            by jpucng62
            What about getting them to surrender existing tenancy and then signing a new one? Would that work?...
            24-01-2022, 16:52 PM
          • Tenant in situ
            by Bridge2020
            I’m looking at buying another property to rent out. The one I’m looking at has a tenant in situ. I have seen a copy of the AST and payments to the agents.
            Anyone have any experience of this please ?...
            20-01-2022, 08:29 AM
          • Trying to end tenancy early
            by asez
            Hello,

I'm trying to end my tenancy early due to a relationship breakdown with my housemate, hostility, bullying and my items going missing. There's currently four of us on the agreement which I'm trying to leave. I haven't lived there, apart from around 15 days(when the housemate was away)...
            24-01-2022, 16:47 PM
          • Reply to Rent a Room scheme
            by theartfullodger
            a) so the mobile home does not provide the (very) basic facilities that any tenant or judge would expect for a dwelling....
            b) Agree with jpk: Should it get to court (which is when the issue matters..) can;t see any judge deciding it's anything but a tenancy & you the landlord er... not at...
            24-01-2022, 16:26 PM
          • Rent a Room scheme
            by lgr001
            I have a mobile home next to my property. Do I qualify for the rent a room scheme if I rent out the mobile home but the occupant must use the shower and washing facilities in my house i.e. so that the mobile home is not a separate unit of accommodation? There is a provision by the council that it...
            24-01-2022, 14:25 PM
          • Reply to Tenant in situ
            by jpkeates
            It's almost impossible to reset the tenancy with a new agreement.
            The buyer will inherit the previous tenancy at the same point that they're able to let the property on the new agreement, so any new tenancy is going to be a follow on tenancy.
            So things that need to be done at the very start...
            24-01-2022, 14:57 PM
          • Reply to Rent a Room scheme
            by jpkeates
            You're really going to struggle with that not being a tenancy.
            If the tenant can lock the door to exclude you, and they could wash in a sink, that's likely to be a dwelling house.
            24-01-2022, 14:52 PM
          • Reply to Regulated Tenancy
            by AVJ113
            Yep, that's exactly what has happened....
            24-01-2022, 14:12 PM
          • Regulated Tenancy
            by AVJ113
            I have a basic understanding of regulated tenancy. I'm looking to buy a property with a tenant in situ on a regulated tenancy. In the real world, what are the pros and cons? Is there anyone with any experience?
            24-01-2022, 13:38 PM
          • Reply to Regulated Tenancy
            by DoricPixie
            How basic is your understanding?

From your other thread you are seeing a broker about a BTL mortgage. I think you will struggle to secure a BTL mortgage against a property with a Regulated Tenancy in place....
            24-01-2022, 14:05 PM
          Working...
          X