How to start eviction when in periodic tenancy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to start eviction when in periodic tenancy?

Hello, I have a tenant who is in the second year of tenancy. He has a 12 month Fixed Contract which started in September 2014 and ended September 2015 so is now a periodic tenancy. I did serve a Section 21 a min 2 months prior to the end of the fixed term.

Early this year I started to received complaints from the managing agents who had themselves been receiving complaints regarding excessive noise. As a result of these complaints I have written to my tenant to explain he is in breach of his contract and advising that unless he 'quietened down' I would have to evict him.

The noise remains and I myself witnessed it.

What should I do if the Managing Agents insist I evict? How do I evict in this instance please. Do I have to serve a Section 8 notice? Thanks for any help.

No need for section 8. Act on the section 21.
    Any advice I give is my opinion and experience, I am as you also learning.

Comment

Has the Section 21 already served expired? It would have been served some time in July 2015 I guess and I'm not sure whether the Oct 2015 legal changes cover retrospective notices as well as new ones?

Comment

It doesn't affect them.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyp View Post
          No need for section 8. Act on the section 21.
          The Section 21(1)b was dated 30 May 2015, the fixed term ended 7 September 2015.

Do I just go through the Court accelerated possession procedure or do I need to give the tenant a further 2 months notice quoting the section 21?

Sorry, not sure at all of the procedure.

Comment

You fill out court form N5b now. Include all papers asked for and a cheque for £355.00
            Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X