ID verification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID verification

I have a potential guarantor who is very busy professional and would find it difficult in the circumstances to meet for an ID check in person as he does not live locally. Is there a way, by using a local solicitor or some-such, which could verify the ID more convniently for the guarantor.
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Originally posted by Bel View Post
    I have a potential guarantor who is very busy professional and would find it difficult in the circumstances to meet for an ID check in person as he does not live locally. Is there a way, by using a local solicitor or some-such, which could verify the ID more convniently for the guarantor.
    Yes. Any practising solicitor in UK should be able to certify copies as true copies of originals (passport, driving licence, etc.)
    In non-UK jurisdictions, the copies should be notarised.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Thanks Jeffrey

Is there a list on the internet of registered solicitors through out the country? Or a professional association thingy?

Comment

Originally posted by Bel View Post
        Thanks Jeffrey

Is there a list on the internet of registered solicitors through out the country? Or a professional association thingy?
        Try Law Society website.
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Jeffrey(or others) if you are still following this thread,
          If you were in my position, would you trust that the deed of Guarantee is signed and witnessed not in your presence? Would it be better to insist that a solicitor witnesses it?

Comment

Yes, but insist that solicitor verifies identity of signatory (i.e. not "M. Mouse" or "A. Nonymous").

Comment

Jeffrey, I so appreciate your help.

Had the guarantor been more local; is it acceptable for the agent to witness the deed of G and the ast being signed, or does it have to be more a more independant person?

Comment

Agent can witness; merely witnessing, unless with any other function, does not impose any responsibility on person witnessng.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X