Eviction procedure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eviction procedure.

I have tenants who have constantly been in arrears now £1400, since they moved in what is the procedure to start eviction howmany stages could there be? they moved in only 9 months ago at £120 per week.

Issue a S.8 notice for late and non-payment of rent due.
    If they do not move out at the end of the notice you will have to go to court for an evicition order, if they still do not leave then you will have to go back to the court to appoint baliffs to chuck them out.

Comment

Dear Colin, How do I find out precise wording for s.8 I beleive it has to be word perfct how much notice do they have to be given does it take forever to apply to the court for bailiffs if they do not move out what is the good and bad scenario? Dave.

Comment

Surely I'm not the only one who finds it absolutely incredible that people rent out their property without knowing this kind of stuff?

Peter

Comment

Well we are not all geiuses otherwise we would probably not rent in the first place,--plus the law is constantly changing another plus for bad tenants.

Comment

Have a look at the agreements section of this website. All the forms you need and the necessary links to the court service website are to be found there together with a ton of information to ensure that your application is successful. Be advised to serve a section 21 notice as well. Although this needs at least 2 months notice or until the end of the fixed term of the AST before court action can be commenced, it acts as a backstop in case your section 8 application fails for some reason. The service of a section 21 notice has absolutely no effect on the section 8 procedure that you are intending to use. It is stateted however by the theorists that it is the only certain way of obtaining that possession order.

P.P.
            Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Renting rooms
              by DoricPixie
              It wasn't so much tat as a ground for eviction for PRT is wanting to move into the property (for now). It was more that I'd put my heart and soul into making the property nice and it wasn't being cared for as well as I would have liked. I didn't like being at the mercy of a letting agent either particularly...
              28-01-2022, 18:03 PM
            • Renting rooms
              by Luke
              I have a three bedroom property in the U.K which I will rent out .
              I have had an enquiry from a couple and a friend
              I do not intend to live at the property
              Would it be possible just to rent two rooms to them , on the understanding they have full access to the property ?
              As its...
              28-01-2022, 06:09 AM
            • Reply to Renting rooms
              by DoricPixie
              I've had unoccupied insurance whilst I was overseas before. It was challenging finding an insurer as a non-UK resident but I did find one and the premium wasn't horrific. I did have to have someone go and check on the property every week as a condition of the insurance and luckily I had someone to...
              28-01-2022, 17:59 PM
            • Reply to Renting rooms
              by theartfullodger
              Just be careful with insurance. Empty properties are a "challenge"
              28-01-2022, 17:57 PM
            • Reply to Renting rooms
              by Hudson01
              If i were in this position then i would do the same, there is far too much risk thesedays if you wish to move back into it, either accept the risk and rent is as it really is with an AST or leave it empty....
              28-01-2022, 16:38 PM
            • Reply to Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
              by jpkeates
              That document is out of date and, in a lot of places, possibly as a consequence, now wrong or misleading.

The concept of individually negotiated clauses is now deprecated in consumer law.
              The OFT no longer exists and it's successor, the CMA, has withdrawn its advice about unfair terms...
              28-01-2022, 16:18 PM
            • Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
              by Piffy
              I use a Letting Agent. Recently the tenants vacated, prior to the tenants leaving when the letting agent did an inspection they advised the tenants that the property would need cleaning before they vacated. The tenants have now left, the place does need a good clean, the Letting Agents have said that...
              27-01-2022, 11:30 AM
            • Reply to Renting rooms
              by DoricPixie
              You can't have your cake and eat it Luke. If you want to receive rental income from a property that is not also your main home you have to accept that the occupants will be tenants. This means that you will have to comply with all your legal obligations as a landlord unless you want it to come back...
              28-01-2022, 16:09 PM
            • Reply to Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
              by DoricPixie
              I wasn't sure if I was missing something in the model agreement that gave the requirement to leave the property reasonably clean regardless of the condition at the start of the tenancy - seems I wasn't.

I seem to recall the "professional" cleaning fee being an unfair clause although...
              28-01-2022, 16:06 PM
            Working...
            X