Who pay for the repair bills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who pay for the repair bills?

I have let out my property recently. The tenant has reported 3 repairs within 2 weeks since moved in. However, I dont think I should be paying for some of the repairs.

1) tenant reported the shower water is changing from too hot to too cold.

The estate agent arranged an engineer for the repair. The engineer has done all the checks and found no fault with the boiler. It is just the tenant moved the shower head too low, caused the hot water boost system to pump more hot water out.

Since these is no fault with the boiler, should I pay for the bill?

2) the curtain rail broken/fell off.

The curtain rail was in good condition when the tenant moved in, and there was no sign of damage from the check-in inventory report. Shall I pay for the repair?

3) dishwasher door does not fully open.

I noticed the dishwasher door does not open to the very end, but it does not affect the normal use of the dishwasher. The tenant wants the door repaired. Shall I pay for the bill? But I dont mind pay for this bill, since it is fact.

Thank you for your help in advance!
    yes
    100.00%
    no
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Ah! Make a rod for your own back... the thin end of the wedge... look before you leap.

Comment

1 yes you pay, but only this time.
      2 pay and recharge the customer (otherwise they'll do it wrong)
      3 pay.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Noise from rented property
        by DPT57
        Interesting, but it sounds like the university is definitely exceeding its authority and a clued up student could easily challenge any sanction they tried to impose.
        21-05-2022, 14:47 PM
      • Noise from rented property
        by zcacogp
        Hi,

I have a question to which I suspect I know the answer, but I'll ask it anyway.

We live in a house whose garden backs onto other gardens. One of those houses is let to a group of students.

The students are given to making noise in their garden, particularly...
        18-05-2022, 11:36 AM
      • Reply to Ending contracts
        by DoricPixie
        As Artful says, you'll need to read your contract with the letting agency to see how and when the contract can be terminated.

It seems more likely that your friend signed a new 12 month fixed term contract in January than the the tenancy agreement having an abnormally...
        21-05-2022, 14:02 PM
      • Ending contracts
        by Pineapple288
        2 questions. I rent my BTL property through a letting agent. The current tenant has handed notice in. Am I right in saying I can now leave this letting agent?

Second question, the.reason I'm leaving the agent is because a very good friend of mine would like to rent he property. If she wants...
        21-05-2022, 11:59 AM
      • Reply to None UK Wife Joining Tenant on a Period Agreement
        by Mldn
        To conclude with an update:
        Landlords in this position strongly advised to speak to Home Office Landlord Visa section in the first instance. You many experience a 'to-ing and fro-ing' between that section and the Landlords 'Right to Rent' section. See what they both say. They should both be advising...
        21-05-2022, 13:58 PM
      • None UK Wife Joining Tenant on a Period Agreement
        by Mldn
        My tenant has been on a periodic agreement since September 2016. He has been a good tenant. His partner who was with him when he first rented left the property and was not replaced.
        He is now on a periodic agreement. I have not raised the rent since September 2016.

He has explained...
        06-05-2022, 12:34 PM
      • Reply to Whatever happened to the tidal wave of evictions?
        by SouthernDave
        mr Khan is a moron...
        21-05-2022, 13:53 PM
      • Whatever happened to the tidal wave of evictions?
        by jpkeates
        The latest government figures for possession claims have been published, which cover January through March 2022.
        That's post Covid restrictions and would probably include most of the last of the Covid backlog.

And there's no sign of the massive wave of evictions and resulting mass...
        19-05-2022, 10:46 AM
      • Reply to Section 21 During Contract Period
        by DPT57
        I think there's some date confusion above. If your 6 month fixed term tenancy began on 9 December, then it ends on 8 June. If you leave by midnight on that day then there will be no penalty or advance notice required. If you stay beyond this time a statutory periodic tenancy will arise. S5(5) of the...
        21-05-2022, 13:34 PM
      • Section 21 During Contract Period
        by matt001
        Hello,

On 09.12.2021 I moved in to a flat and signed 6 months contract.
        Then on 08.04.2022 I have been served section 21 notice by the letter trough the mailbox...

I have started reading about this and found in the web that agency cannot issue section 21 notice until...
        18-05-2022, 13:31 PM
      Working...
      X