Who pay for the repair bills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who pay for the repair bills?

I have let out my property recently. The tenant has reported 3 repairs within 2 weeks since moved in. However, I dont think I should be paying for some of the repairs.

1) tenant reported the shower water is changing from too hot to too cold.

The estate agent arranged an engineer for the repair. The engineer has done all the checks and found no fault with the boiler. It is just the tenant moved the shower head too low, caused the hot water boost system to pump more hot water out.

Since these is no fault with the boiler, should I pay for the bill?

2) the curtain rail broken/fell off.

The curtain rail was in good condition when the tenant moved in, and there was no sign of damage from the check-in inventory report. Shall I pay for the repair?

3) dishwasher door does not fully open.

I noticed the dishwasher door does not open to the very end, but it does not affect the normal use of the dishwasher. The tenant wants the door repaired. Shall I pay for the bill? But I dont mind pay for this bill, since it is fact.

Thank you for your help in advance!
    yes
    100.00%
    no
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Ah! Make a rod for your own back... the thin end of the wedge... look before you leap.

Comment

1 yes you pay, but only this time.
      2 pay and recharge the customer (otherwise they'll do it wrong)
      3 pay.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X