Eviction from alternative accomodation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food for thought.

the tenant does not have an AST for the temp accomodation, therefore has no legal right to remain there, only a right as temp accomodation.

If probelms are encountered, you move the tenant back into correct address, even if not fully ready.
    Byt the time it takes to get bailifs, the original address is habitable.

Comment

Yes, tenancy agreement states Flat Number, name of building, name of street, town etc.
      Think we'll try to get something signed and if not write to say this is our understanding.
      Sounds like a good idea to get him back in original flat before bailiffs.

Comment

ram, incorrect, T has right to occupy present accom as he was offered it rent free for unspecified period by LL of his orig flat.
        #OP I don't think T is obliged to sign anything further.
        Your other suggestion may have legs if you update T on current progress of repairs and stating that current accom was provided, under orig AST, as temp alt accom whilst repairs on orig flat were completed. Keep a copy

Comment

Thanks, our original letter regarding moving him does state that it was temporary and a timescale of the works. I have also written to him about the rent owed clearly setting out the reduction agreed was for the time he was living in the uninhabitable flat, not for the alt accommodation.

Comment

Originally posted by RICEDEV View Post
            I have not got a signed agreement. Should I try to obtain one now?
            If I can't get one, what difficulties might I encounter?
            When you say you don't have a "signed" agreement, do you mean you have an unsigned one?
            Or, do you mean you have no written agreement at all?
            Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Verbal agreement and followed up by letter explaining what was happening e.g works being undertaken and alt accom. being provided. Also gave indication of timescale. We have no contact with him now as he refuses to answer the door and we have no tel. No. for him.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X