Homelet.co.uk or similar - anyone used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homelet.co.uk or similar - anyone used?

Has any one used a 'broad spectrum' insurer like Homelet, who also include fast response emergency repairs (roof etc) ?

Do they actually work, or (as I rather suspect) they are far too good to be true and hideously expensive?

Dave

I have used Homelet for rent guarantee insurance and have heard that they have a good reputation. However, when my case went to court, I heard from my LA (and my non-paying tenant) that the solicitor had no idea of proceedings and was walked all over by the judge.

Not impressed!

Comment

Do you (or anyone) have any idea how successful the 'emergency repairs' work?

Presumably you have to claim each time, so you develop quite a claims history.

I'm wondering if its really worth it, but getting *anything* done in London now is almost impossible, especially roofing

Dave

Comment

If your property is in London then try these guys www.0800handyman.com, I have not used them myself, but the service/prices look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Colincbayley View Post
          If your property is in London then try these guys www.0800handyman.com, I have not used them myself, but the service/prices look good.
          Thanks, I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has used them.

Recently I tried ratedtradesmen.co.uk and they were simply useless, not one single reply to fix a leak.

I'm very sceptical about stuff like this, it seems more or less impossible to get anything done in London now.

Dave

Comment

If you need a plumber in London, I use one who works for himself. He's always busy but does turn p and get the job done, even small stuff like a Gas Safety check that some larger firms can't be bothered with.

PM me if you want his number.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieP View Post
              If you need a plumber in London, I use one who works for himself. He's always busy but does turn p and get the job done, even small stuff like a Gas Safety check that some larger firms can't be bothered with.

PM me if you want his number.
              Thanks PM sent

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X