Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is correct,
    and that is the "if".
    Did they ask your permission to re-advertise it? If they are asserting there is an ongoing tenancy, then they probably should have.

Comment

initially they wrote to us saying as a gesture of goodwill they would readvertise the house to try and get another tenant quickly. we simply responded to say we didnt believe we were in a fixed agreement. then they came back asking us if we wanted them to advertise it ... we haven't instructed them to, they just went ahead and did it of their own accord.

Comment

Originally posted by jjlandlord View Post
        Are you being serious?
        Yes - don't be passive.
        Do everything to disturb the other side that you can.

They're usually a bunch of robots with no sense of consequence anyway.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
          Yes - don't be passive.
          Do everything to disturb the other side that you can.

They're usually a bunch of robots with no sense of consequence anyway.
          thank you - no need for harsh replies!
          we have raised the dispute with TDS today , will also write to ARLA - regardless of the dispute outcome the agent are still acting outside of their code of practise. the whole thing has been a disaster.

our feeling is that theres either a written AST or there isn't, and where there is a written AST it should be signed. we agreed to pay the landlord the extra rent he asked for because we didnt want to lose the house, but to say we agreed to the rest of the terms when we wrote to the agent saying we didnt is just unreasonable and unfair.

watch this space!

Comment

sorry to bring this up again

we've raised a dispute with TDS as the agent have refused to complete a check out process until a new tenant applies, obviously we are waiting on the outcome of that

when raising the dispute we noticed the agent had signed into the TDS website on the date we served notice[!] and made changes to the term on the certificate. so from June 15 when the original tenancy expired to october 15 when we served notice, there was no deposit protection... and when we served notice and they realised they had made a mistake, they rushed onto the system and changed the date to June 2016?

This just all seems ridiculous. These guys have been playing the system throughout. We'll see what happens...

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X