Inventory companies/clerks/fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inventory companies/clerks/fees

Can anyone recommend an Inventory clerk who covers the Midlands area?

Thanks in advance......
    K

Invetory Clerks

You will find a list of inventory clerks here covering the whole of the UK.
    Just go down the list holding your cursur over the red icons - that will tell you where they operate.
    http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/dir/in...y-services.htm
    Sorry, we cannot recommend any particular one but I found an excellent one this way some months ago.

Comment

Comment

Inventory Clerk Training

Hello Joan, when looking at training you may be referring to us at inventoryclerk.com.

The reason we charge is only to give people knowledge of how to complete all the reports in a way that meets or exceeds what we believe to be a minimum requirement. You don't need this training to become a clerk but it would cost someone a lot more money than the fees we charge to gain this normally.

On one of our options we help obtain work for you which again would be an additional cost to you if you didn't know how.

Further you can join our online calendar booking system which agents love, this would cost you thousands to develop.

Lastly you don't have to have an inventory due to the TDS but it would be daft not to. You also don't have to be trained to produce inventories, we know however that most landlords omit vital information without realising it which could cost in the long run.

Why not join www.inventoryclerk.net, its our sister site and free.

Hope this helps

Jonathan

Comment

Inventory fees

Hi all. An inventory service have given a quote of £200 for inventory and check in but not check out. This includes photos. Does anyone have an opinion if this is reasonable for a terraced house. This is where their involvement ends; there is no management involved with the property.

Do some agents include inventory with their initial fee? I am asking as a novice and first time btl. I do not have agent at the moment but am considering.

Many thanks.

Comment

We charge the tenant £50 + vat for checkin/out which also includes the inventory. The L/L only gets charged our % com on rental income. What area are you in? Maybe we can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
              Hi all. An inventory service have given a quote of £200 for inventory and check in but not check out. This includes photos. Does anyone have an opinion if this is reasonable for a terraced house. This is where their involvement ends; there is no management involved with the property.

Do some agents include inventory with their initial fee? I am asking as a novice and first time btl. I do not have agent at the moment but am considering.

Many thanks.
              Where is it? I'll come and do it for £190! (just joking)

*Where is the house?
              *How many rooms is it?
              *It it furnished or unfurnished?

Could be about right for a London location for a big furnished house, otherwise it sounds a bit excessive.
              Now signature free.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post

Many thanks.

Flo

Why not do it yourself?, fairly easy, record the decor, condition of carpets, be honest and point out the defects etc, take photo's of EVERY wall, floor surface, appliance, window frame, write on the back of the photo, get the tenant to sign and date the photo on the back- all prior to signing the tenancy agreement DON'T leave it to the tenant to the tenant to return days after the start of the tenancy.

Note metre readings etc, how many keys and for what

you and the tenant sign and date it, copies for both of you

As for Agents, well in my experience a complete waste of time and money ! (well to be fair -my agent), from experience I would say don't trust them !!!!!, my rent was supposed to be under written by an insurance guarantee but they never did their job and I now have a tenant almost 3 months !!

It has been a complete eye opener, but hopefully you will avoid all my mistakes and take plenty of advice from the helpful guys on here.

Good luck

PS

Are you the Tesco shopping FLO?
                Last edited by porridge; 11-10-2007, 17:23 PM. Reason: edited to be fair to those good agents

Comment

Originally posted by porridge View Post
                  Flo

Why not do it yourself?, fairly easy, record the decor, condition of carpets, be honest and point out the defects etc, take photo's of EVERY wall, floor surface, appliance, window frame, write on the back of the photo, get the tenant to sign and date the photo on the back- all prior to signing the tenancy agreement DON'T leave it to the tenant to the tenant to return days after the start of the tenancy.
                  I disagree. You can make some sort of inventory pretty easily, but making one to cover every eventuality, and stand up in court/arbitration requires training IMO.

FWIW
                  Now signature free.

Comment

Thanks guys for your replies. On that basis, it certainly is a rip off. I don't think I'll be taking up the offer for £200.

The property is in the north and it is a simple 2 bed terraced - you can still get some up here you know!

I think I will just do it myself as suggested. I seem to remember somewhere some draft forms I could print off but I am a bit concerned about getting stung on my first one.

Also, I don't want to push it, but I get a tad confused over all the forms/notices/checks etc. Is there a dummies guide anywhere on the net like flow charts or something? Sounds daft but anything would help to get the process clear in my mind so I don't make too many costly mistakes.

BTW Flo at Tesco?!? I honestly don't know what you mean - I must have missed something. Thanks again all. Flo

Comment

quick 2 minute search and found this

http://www.ilrg.com/forms/rental-checklist.html

Comment

A massive 3 bedroomed 2 bathroomed furnished flat cost less than £150 just for check-out.

Comment

I would not really call that Inventory throrough at all. does not state how many sockets etc on each wall, position of radiators, light fittings etc.

I would either employ a professional clerk or ask to look at your agents inventories and see how thorough they really are.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy35 View Post
                            I would not really call that Inventory throrough at all. does not state how many sockets etc on each wall, position of radiators, light fittings etc.

I would either employ a professional clerk or ask to look at your agents inventories and see how thorough they really are.
                            Totally agree.

Here is an example of a professional inventory, pulled off the internet.

http://www.howardinventories.co.uk/d..._Inventory.pdf
                            Now signature free.

Comment

Thanks Lorenzo - you're my favourite friend of the week me thinks!!!

heres an extract from our inventories

Stone tiled flooring in grey with grouting
                              Units are beech coloured with chrome handles
                              Tiles are burgundy
                              Worktops are Butchers block style in dark wood
                              Light fitting is four section chrome spotlight
                              IW
                              Archway some small dents in here
                              Double light switch
                              Double socket
                              Double wall unit with one shelf
                              Under unit is strip light
                              Single working drawer and single base unit with child safety catch
                              LHW
                              Space for fridge/freezer 5 scuff marks, hole in base
                              unit for plug
                              Single wall unit with shelf
                              Pull out unit in middle with NEFF extractor fan
                              Single wall unit with shelf
                              Strip light under each single unit some grease marks
                              2 x Isolator switches
                              double socket
                              cooker socket with single socket grouting not finished off
                              NEFF four ring gas hob with 2 black pan stands
                              Worktop to left of hob long knife mark
                              Single working drawer with base unit below
                              With child safety catch
                              Single socket in here
                              3 single working drawers
                              top drawer melamine peeling a littlemiddle and bottom have child safety catches
                              single working drawer with base unit and shelf
                              child safety catch
                              overhead cupboard
                              double chrome NEFF oven below
                              top one contains handle, glass door, grill pan
                              and wire rack
                              bottom oven has handle, glass door
                              2 chrome shelves
                              single unit under with drawer and child safety lock
                              wall picture hook with 2 small pin
                              holes

light switch some paint on this
                              double socket
                              door to utility

and thats just 2 walls in one room. we think its pretty concise and the odd few times we have gone to court we have always won the case.

needless to say when landlords give us their inventories which comprise of 2 pages for a 4 bed house - its hard to stiffle the laughter!

as mentioned before a good inventory is worth its weight in gold should things go belly up.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Eviction advice
                                by ba_baracuss
                                Thanks for the reply.

The arrears are for the last 3 months plus another approx half a month owed on top.

No training in law.

Thanks for the link; I think it should be valid. In short;

- she moved in in 2017
                                - I provided an energy certificate....
                                12-04-2021, 16:21 PM
                              • Eviction advice
                                by ba_baracuss
                                Hi, I have a tenant who is now several months in arrears. She has changed her phone number and does not answer the door. I've sent an informal letter asking her to get in touch, which has been ignored. She's been pretty flaky for a while and it seems like she's decided to stick her head in the sand...
                                12-04-2021, 15:16 PM
                              • Reply to Tenancy Expired
                                by DPT57
                                Yes, they clearly have no sense of urgency. I presume they have the other landlords phone number. I would tell them that they have until tomorrow to find the answer and give me a definitive date or I will apply to the court for a possession order and sue them for my legal costs in court. If they give...
                                12-04-2021, 16:17 PM
                              • Tenancy Expired
                                by Claymore
                                Hi

I served notice on my tenants back in September. Notice has now expired. February tenants informed me they have found a new property - next door to their parents. The new property was due to become vacant end of March. Apparently Landlord has some works which need doing before my tenants...
                                11-04-2021, 23:36 PM
                              • Reply to Excluded tenancy - pre-tenancy documentation
                                by DPT57
                                Where did you find the answer to 3, because I couldn't find anything that limited it to assured tenancies?...
                                12-04-2021, 16:04 PM
                              • Excluded tenancy - pre-tenancy documentation
                                by cymro123
                                Which of the following do I 'need' to do/give before the start of an excluded tenancy please?

1. Protect deposit
                                2. Issue prescribed information
                                3. Issue EPC
                                4. Issue GSR
                                5. Issue EICR

thank you in advance...
                                07-04-2021, 06:23 AM
                              • Reply to Can anyone share a template Contract please?
                                by theartfullodger
                                So employ a Solicitor who understands landlord tenant law...
                                12-04-2021, 16:00 PM
                              • Can anyone share a template Contract please?
                                by Vene
                                Hi,

I'm renting a residential property (for the first time) and i would like a Word document of a tenancy agreement/contract, that i could edit with specific details. Some information to help understand the tenancy:

Property is in England.
                                Tenancy is for a sole tenant...
                                11-04-2021, 21:43 PM
                              • Reply to Landlord breach - undemised terrace
                                by DPT57
                                I wonder if the most likely scenario is that the basement extension was developed after the leases were drawn up and its possible, (maybe even likely) that its roof is not load bearing. If the ground floor flat owner has fitted french doors leading onto it without the owners knowledge or consent then...
                                12-04-2021, 15:54 PM
                              • Landlord breach - undemised terrace
                                by sp1
                                Hi. If I'm covering ground that's already well travelled my apologies, please re-direct me.

I entered into a Tenancy Agreement for a flat about 6 months ago. It's a terraced house that has been divided into flats and my flat is on the ground floor.

The ad for the flat advertised...
                                11-04-2021, 16:50 PM
                              Working...
                              X