Tenant's deposit- constant excuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenant's deposit- constant excuses

Wonder if anyone has any advice for me. We have recently took our properties back from a LA. All our tenants have been fine, paying the rent to ourselves and transfering the deposit across to ourselves (we are in scotland). Even the local council have been on the ball regarding the HB. But we have one tenant who has been a pain in the perverbial. They are paid hb direct to themselves. It took us over 2 weeks in dribs and drabs to get the rent. We have been waiting about 3 weeks for the deposit to which we still haven't got. Their AST runs out in August so we are now over the 2 months for a S21. Everytime we try to speak to them the guy is totally cocky and he is really wierd. It is always in a couple of days. If it comes to it and we have had enough of them, what is the best way of getting rid of them?

Originally posted by Nic View Post
    Wonder if anyone has any advice for me. We have recently took our properties back from a LA. All our tenants have been fine, paying the rent to ourselves and transfering the deposit across to ourselves (we are in scotland). Even the local council have been on the ball regarding the HB. But we have one tenant who has been a pain in the perverbial. They are paid hb direct to themselves. It took us over 2 weeks in dribs and drabs to get the rent. We have been waiting about 3 weeks for the deposit to which we still haven't got. Their AST runs out in August so we are now over the 2 months for a S21. Everytime we try to speak to them the guy is totally cocky and he is really wierd. It is always in a couple of days. If it comes to it and we have had enough of them, what is the best way of getting rid of them?
    Serve s.8 Notice on grounds 10 and 11- waiting time is only two weeks before you can start proceedings.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Thanks Jeffrey, will look into that. We have a meeting with them tonight at 5pm. If he doesn't come up with the deposit we will serve it on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nic View Post
        Thanks Jeffrey, will look into that. We have a meeting with them tonight at 5pm. If he doesn't come up with the deposit we will serve it on him.
        Good.
        By the way, you could add ground 12 (Breach of non-rent obligation: failure to pay deposit on time).
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X