X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharemaster2
    replied
    Mark and Sam,

Find out what service did your AGENTS sign up for.
    There is a " Tennant Introductin Service" or " Tennant Find Service" Then there is a " Managed Service" your contract with the agent should tell you what service you have with them.

Leave a comment:

• PaulF
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark&Sam View Post
    Hello, this is a first time post so apologies for what may seem a naive question.

We own a three bedroom flat for which a letting agent found 3 tenants last October, since then 2 of the original tenants have moved out and the existing tenant(s) have found replacements whose names have been ammended on the original contract. You can't "amend" the names of tenants on an AST

My question is this; is the letting agent still entitled to their full percentage if only one of the 3 original tenants carries the contract into a second year? Depends on the wording in your terms of business with the agent

Our agreement with the agent is not for a fully managed service, so in effect they only find the tenants and draw up the original contact etc (but even have trouble doing this properly).

Can anyone advise me of my options if I have any?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mark.
    This might help a little!

Leave a comment:

• Mark&Sam
    started a topic Changing Letting Agents

Changing Letting Agents

Hello, this is a first time post so apologies for what may seem a naieve question.

We own a three bedroom flat for which a letting agent found 3 tenants last October, since then 2 of the original tenants have moved out and the existing tenant(s) have found replacements whose names have been ammended on the original contract.

My question is this; is the letting agent still entitled to their full percentage if only one of the 3 original tenants carries the contract into a second year?

Our agreement with the agent is not for a fully managed service, so in effect they only find the tenants and draw up the original contact etc (but even have trouble doing this properly).

Can anyone advise me of my options if I have any?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mark.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Greetings, I Come in Peace
    by DoricPixie
    Much like your tenants then

It depends on your target market and the area you’re buying in. If you want to purchase in a city centre because that would suit your target market than generally means flats which are leasehold in England and Wales....
    22-01-2022, 08:17 AM
  • Greetings, I Come in Peace
    by AVJ113
    Hello all, I am a prospective landlord. I will be arranging my first mortgage in principle today as a start to my evil buy-to-let empire. As a total newb, what would be the one piece of advice you would give after your years of experience as a landlord?
    20-01-2022, 07:24 AM
  • Reply to Cheapskate landlord wants to end tenancy
    by DoricPixie
    There is no defence against a correctly issued Section 21 so providing all the paper work is in order should this go to court your landlord will be granted a possession order. You can use the link below to find out if any Section 21 is valid.

https://nearlylegal.co.uk/section-21-flowc...
    22-01-2022, 08:05 AM
  • Cheapskate landlord wants to end tenancy
    by Lucylou99
    Hi just after some advice. I have been renting the property for 4.5 years, 4 of those with a fantastic landlord and 6 months with a new landlord. When he took over he immediately increased the rent by 25%, annoying but perfectly within his rights. The main issue is maintainance and repairs. I cant report...
    21-01-2022, 22:11 PM
  • Reply to Cheapskate landlord wants to end tenancy
    by jpucng62
    Reading between the lines, you had a good deal with the last LL in return for not doing too much to the property and the new LL has bought the property with a view to making more money than the last LL. The new LL may well be planning to evict you, do the property up & relet at a higher rent and...
    22-01-2022, 08:04 AM
  • Reply to How to track down landlord
    by Luke
    He may be abroad , maybe working abroad and unable to currently return to the U.K ?
    22-01-2022, 07:58 AM
  • How to track down landlord
    by kelbol
    Next door property is being rented out and had the roof redone. Mine got damaged in the process.
    I'd like to contact the landlord/owner of the property next door to let him know and get his roofers back but I don't have his contact details.
    He's British but lives abroad. The phone number...
    21-01-2022, 20:27 PM
  • Reply to Labour taxation plans
    by jpucng62
    I do think its tough that the cost of the NHS & Social Care is being shovelled onto the young, when those who are closer to needing care may pay nothing at all. The cost is huge and we need to spread it amongst as many people as possible.

On the other hand if the Govt stopped wasting...
    22-01-2022, 07:53 AM
  • Labour taxation plans
    by steaming
    Rachel Reeves R4 this am told the interviewer that Labour (when in power) would raise money by taxing those with BTL property much more than at present, she opined it was wrong that “they” were “getting away with it”. No challenge from BBC or fact check as to present tax. You are warned.
    20-01-2022, 16:55 PM
  • Reply to Labour taxation plans
    by alex1
    (Minor point: I believe the rate will be 1.25%, not 1.5%.)

My understanding is that there will be an equivalent rise in the tax rate for income from dividends, so shareholders will pay (and it will also avoid the tricks people who own their own companies use to masquerade income as dividends)....
    22-01-2022, 03:51 AM
Working...
X