Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPS- deposit registered- what next

Hi
    I have just registered my deposit with the free scheme. I spoke to the tenant today and told her where i was putting it. What do i do now? Do I have to fill in any forms to official let her know where it is? The website just lets you deposit it, i can't find any help on here.

Sorry if this has been asked before

Thanks in advance

Hi westy,
    you need to inform the tenant in writing within 14 days specifying the scheme it is in!
    Ambition is Critical

I don't profess to be a knowledge in all areas, my advice is based on life experience.

Comment

You need to issue the prescibed information in a section 213 notice. I read the info and drafted my own notice as there isn't much about to help.

Comment

Sorry forgot to say - the tenant doesn't have to sign it but best practice is to get them to - one copy for you and the other for them. Just to prove that they have received it.

Comment

Originally posted by stick2000 View Post
          You need to issue the prescibed information in a section 213 notice. I read the info and drafted my own notice as there isn't much about to help.
          Stick,

I am being very lazy, any chance you could email me a copy of the S.213 you drafted?

I was just about to write one myself.

Cheers.

Comment

that would be great if anyone has a template of one that we could use

thanks for all the advice

Comment

The info required can be found at http://www.opsi.gov.uk/SI/si2007/uksi_20070797_en.pdf. There is a lot!!!

Peter

Comment

sorry to be a pain or sound a bit thick, but do i just take those notes and fill in my details and print it off. There is not an actual form is there?
                Once again sorry to be a pain.

Comment

Colincbayley - you have mail.

Westy if you send me your email address I will send you a copy of the notice I have done.

Comment

Colincbayley - you have mail.

Westy if you send me your email address I will send you a copy of the notice I have done.
                    Thank you !

Comment

No probs!

Comment

thanks
                        i have emailed you

Comment

You have mail!

Comment

thanks for your help

Comment

Latest Activity