Transfer a CCJ

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Transfer a CCJ

    I have heard of people selling the CCJ to debt collectors, the CCJ was for unpaid rent on an individual

    In my case how can the CCJ ownership ( creditor) be transferred to a relative ?

    I need to do this as the current owner is too ill and aged to deal with the matter to persue it further.

    Do you have to contact the court and is there a deed of some kind involved, help much appreciated.

    CCJs acquired from the likes of water and utility companies, telecoms providers and similar traders where the debtor has been taken to court by them and got a judgement are often sold en masse to debt collecting companies - and sometimes more than one company. These companies then try to extract cash from the debtor.

    Your relative would be best instructing a company to collect of his behalf. Most want a % of the debt recovered.
    Are you sure the debtor has funds to pay up? I've never heard of a person selling a debt to a relative - maybe someone else has more info?

    Freedom at the point of zero............


      A judgement debt can be assigned by deed. There seem to be precedents available on line for a fee, but I would not go for them as they may be overpriced and/or unreliable. If you have a good local reference library ask if they have the Encyclopedia of Forms and Precedents. Look up Assignment and/or judgement debt in the index volume or find the volume with the section on "Choses in Action".



        The debtor has started a restaurant and registered it as a limited company, with himself as the director and secretary
        The plan is to call the debtor to court to get an "order to obtain further information" which used to be called 'oral examination'.
        When the facts are known then payment can be persued with apropiate action/s

        I asked how to transfer the ownership of the CCJ (for a nominal amount), so that i can take over the enforcement attending court as required


          You say "current owner is too ill and aged"

          Then you get the owner to have you act as his agent for the purpose of debt recovery,. cleaning the windows of the premises, liasion with the managing company... or what ever.
          In the same way the owner would emply an agent to collect rent every month.

          The owner can write a letter authorising you to, on the owners behalf, act on the owners behalf in collecting the debt. ( or collect the rent, instead of a managing agent ) No need to buy the debt.


            yes ram, we are doing all that currently. I was also wondering about the business, wether the ccj could be enforced on it too, as the debtor must have had money to put into it.
            I also suspect he has property,and hidden bank accounts, thats why i was considering the oral exam


            Latest Activity


            • Tenant Offering to Pay Rent in Advance
              Hi Everyone,

              I'd welcome your advice, I'm in the process of renting out a property and have been disappointed in the lack of interest from potential tenants, However, I've been approached by an EU National new to the UK ( 6 weeks ) and keen to rent the house. He is awaiting the arrival...
              21-03-2019, 08:24 AM
            • Reply to Tenant Offering to Pay Rent in Advance
              Not to mention the leccy bill!.

              OP specify in AST the dates for the 3 month advanced rent payment.
              26-03-2019, 04:45 AM
            • No deposit strategy
              Hello all,

              I'm hoping those of you with much more experience could help me out. I've been reviewing the way in which i manage my tenancy's and im thinking of no longer taking deposits and instead just bringing rent up to market value. Obviously there is both pros and cons to this idea...
              21-03-2019, 15:44 PM
            • Reply to No deposit strategy
              T agrees to pay the rent due on signing the AST for 6 months. Even if Rent lowered as an incentive for No Deposit they still remain liable for any adjuged LL losses.
              26-03-2019, 04:17 AM
            • Boundary/tree issues
              A property I look after has a large palm tree in the garden. It overhangs the neighbouring property and the neighbour is annoyed. He's written to the tenant demanding that he (or the owner) gets the tree cut back or he'll do it himself and forward the invoice. He has made no mention that the tree poses...
              25-03-2019, 10:45 AM
            • Reply to Boundary/tree issues
              This often arises with conifers affecting next door's garden.
              IMO there can be no trespass if overhanging branches are returned to the tree's owner by throwing them back over the boundary line.
              Tell the neighbour this may affect the aesthetic appearance of HIS tree and he is liable for disposal...
              26-03-2019, 03:32 AM
            • Renting and the barrier wall of 'No DSS'
              Tenant here,

              First post, so please play relatively nice...

              My current living situation is requiring me to consider all angles, sources of information and help...

              I'm usually employed in the UK design consultancy sector, unfortunately, traumatic life events don't...
              23-03-2019, 18:31 PM
            • Reply to Renting and the barrier wall of 'No DSS'
              Many LLs are frit by the universal roll-out of UC
              They can do their best to vet Ts but we cannot stop them applying for Benefits
              The only safer solution is to get T to provide a house owning G,willing to be liable for T's debts for duration of T.
              That in itself can be a good indication...
              26-03-2019, 02:49 AM
            • Fair wear and tear and rules re: deposit deductions?
              Hi there,

              Not a landlord but rather a tenant but interested in an objective opinion...

              Have recently moved out of a property having lived there for a year, it was brand new when we moved in (though not without issue as things weren’t picked up by quality control).
              25-03-2019, 14:24 PM
            • Reply to Fair wear and tear and rules re: deposit deductions?
              If I were the landlord and I decided to pursue this, I would provide sworn statements to the court that the floor was perfect on completion from the chartered surveyor, site manager, building surveyor, architect, floor fitter, snagger, estate agent, letting agent, cleaner, uncle Tom Cobley and all....
              25-03-2019, 20:55 PM