Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing landlord during tenancy

Hi

A tenant of my Mothers is giving her some grief and so I'd like to take over as landlord and deal with things to spare her the hassle.

The tenant is 3 months into a 6 month AST.

Can I just write to him informing him that I have taken over management of the flats and issue him a section 8 as he is now 2 months late with rent? Does my Mother have to write / sign anything?

I want all future correspondance to be between just me and him to leave my Mother out of the loop.

Regards
    ATD

I would think that your Mother needs to write to T, giving you authority to act as her agent stating that all future dealings regarding any aspect of the tenancy are to be directly through yourself. Keep a copy for your records.

Once this has been issued (posted or given to T) then you carry on as if you were the LL. However, I believe that Court Papers still have to have the LL signature not the Agents.
    Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

OK thanks, will get the letter out.

Regards
      ATD

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X