compensation for disturbance to tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compensation for disturbance to tenant

I'm cheating a bit hear, because I'm the tenant in this case, or rather the owner of a flat in a block which is undergoing eight months work: drilling 8.30am to 4pm, windows blocked out etc.

Do I ask for compensation!?

Works 8.30 to 4pm are normal and shouldn't affect you at all if you are at work/studying.

The windows will be blocked out to protect the glass.

The landlord will have no control over this kind of work so why should they compensate you?

If you owned your own flat and works were being done, who would compensate you then?

Comment

Originally posted by pete's properties View Post
      I'm cheating a bit hear, because I'm the tenant in this case, or rather the owner of a flat in a block
      Hang on --- so are you "the tenant" or "the owner"?
      which is undergoing eight months work: drilling 8.30am to 4pm, windows blocked out etc.

Do I ask for compensation!?
      You can ask but I doubt it's worth your while. The only people who can be held responsible for the noise are those causing it. If they need to drill, they are allowed to drill; I don't think there is any law against it provided it's not between 11pm and 7am.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by pcwilkins View Post
        Hang on --- so are you "the tenant" or "the owner"?
        Both !!

He is a Leaseholder
        On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Because of the number of posts I have done, I am now a Senior Member. However, read anything I write with the above in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Esio Trot View Post
          Both !!

He is a Leaseholder
          ...so L is responsible for the noisy work (eg it is part of service-charge-related activity).
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X