Tenant on 6 month AST, missed rent, happy to leave early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenant on 6 month AST, missed rent, happy to leave early

Hi, I have rented my house to a lady on HB with 2 children. She has only been there 3 months and has just missed (1st Sept) the latest rent payment. Tenant acknowledges financial problems (house too expensive for her) and is happy to vacate the house in 6 weeks. Her mum (acquaitance of mine) has indicated that she would make up the rent shortfall in the near future so I won't be our of pocket.

Tenant is concerned about giving the house up willingly and therefore missing out on the council housing priority list.
    I haven't so far served a warning letter. Advice on other letters I need to send would be gratefully received.
    Many thanks to all.

Serve s21 now (no fault notice) which expires in 2 cal months, but you can't apply for Court repo until after end of fixed term, is she fails to vacate by expiry.
    No warning letter required, s21 does that,

Comment

The tenant's worries are her own not yours. I think it commendable that she realises house is too expensive and is offering to go. Do as Mariner suggests - this will give the council knowledge that you plant to evict. Let her and her mother worry about where to go next.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
        Serve s21 now (no fault notice) which expires in 2 cal months, but you can't apply for Court repo until after end of fixed term,
        Sounds like it would be invalid.
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X