Section 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21

Hi all I hope that someone can help me out with some advice. Basically I have served through my letting agent a section 21 notice due to expire on the 29th July. The tenant has indicated that she will not be moving out and has started to pay the rent in installments, not agreed with either myself or the letting agent and always late but never beyond the 30 days. I want to move back into the house on a temporary basis as my friend is terminally ill and I will be visiting him on a regular basis-however I am not resident in the UK on a full time basis. If the tenant refuses to move out what are the next steps in the process and how long could it take to get rid of her? My letting agent is less than helpful and has not told me what to do next. In addition I have a suspicion that the tenant has been running a business from the house which I am not insured for.

1. Not really a tax question, I think.
    2. You cannot move in until T has moved out at tenancy end, unless T voluntarily agrees- it would otherwise be harassment/trespass, and T could sue you.
    3. Check that the s.21 Notice is correctly drawn. Often they aren't.
    4. To be on safe side, also serve s.8 Notice (grounds 10 and 11). This will enable you to begin procedings after two weeks, ie earlier than end of month.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Thanks for the info....sorry didn't realise that I was in the tax section. Can you tell that I am new to the forum!!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X