re repairs is the LL responsable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ref repairs

thanks for you feed back very useful ,but can the LL not do us if we do any damage we were debaiting ie smashing,cracking the tiles, pipes to make him pay for his crime

Comment

Originally posted by charley686 View Post
      thanks for you feed back very useful ,but can the LL not do us if we do any damage we were debaiting ie smashing,cracking the tiles, pipes to make him pay for his crime
      I wouldn't recommend any of these. My suggestion was that if you have spent money fitting new parts to the property and you still have the old parts, you could replace your new parts with the old parts. Looking back at the list of problems with the property I don't really thing you can do this. I certainly would not advise you to cause any damage to the property. If you do, the landlord will simply deduct the cost from your deposit and if the deposit isn't enough to cover it, you may end up in court. Not good.

The only thing that I can advise is to speak to your landlord and try to find a compromise position. Have a list of what you have done and how much it has all cost you. He might be prepared to pay at least some of your costs. Have him come to the flat and show him what you have done.

You could also try your local citizens' advice bureau who might have some more ideas.

Peter

Comment

ref the LL and repairs

we have tried everything to speak to the LL but is not replying so we dont care anymore we are going to return this flat into its origonal condition so when we do go to court we will tell the court we took it over in this condition so we returned it back to the original condition,he refuses to give us the deposit at any cost so to hell with him,we will also have him black listed,we know enougth people

Comment

Originally posted by charley686 View Post
          we have tried everything to speak to the LL but is not replying
          That's why you need to write, and keep copies of your letters.

so we dont care anymore we are going to return this flat into its origonal condition so when we do go to court we will tell the court we took it over in this condition so we returned it back to the original condition
          And you think they will believe you? I don't think they will, to be honest.

he refuses to give us the deposit at any cost
          You can always claim in small claims court if you are sure you have a case. Not sure if it would be worth it, depends how much deposit you paid.

so to hell with him,we will also have him black listed
          Blacklisted? How does that work? As far as I know there is no "blacklist" of bad landlords. Did you check whether he was "blacklisted" before you moved in?

we know enougth people
          I don't think the number of people you know will make any difference.

The fact is that you accepted the property and moved in without getting written promises from the landlord that the damage would be repaired. That was your first mistake.

Your second mistake was to repair the damage yourselves without getting written promises from the landlord that he would pay the costs.

Your third mistake was to give the landlord the receipts for the work you did.

Your fourth mistake will probably be to mess up the flat, and tell the court it was like that when you moved in; they won't believe you and the landlord will sue you for the costs of repairing the flat again.

Then the landlord will advertise again and probably find someone else who will make the same mistakes as you did. There are plenty of naive people around.

Peter

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X