What are my Rights after Deposit Paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are my Rights after Deposit Paid

Hi - This is a bit of a double post but any advice would be appreciated.

I'm a bit unsure as agent is ignoring me after I asked for negotiation on some clauses in the TA.

My first question was: surely this is allowed, and done in the market? ie. I'm not being overly troublesome am I? Just asking for clarification on some TA parts, and some minor mods.

And then secondly, the contract has not been exchanged but deposit paid - the agent will not be able to pull out will they?

Do ARLA have guidelines on things like this?

Thanks for any tips!!

...bumper!

Comment

Originally posted by floatsy View Post
      Hi - This is a bit of a double post but any advice would be appreciated.

I'm a bit unsure as agent is ignoring me after I asked for negotiation on some clauses in the TA.

My first question was: surely this is allowed, and done in the market? ie. I'm not being overly troublesome am I? Just asking for clarification on some TA parts, and some minor mods.

And then secondly, the contract has not been exchanged but deposit paid - the agent will not be able to pull out will they?

Do ARLA have guidelines on things like this?

Thanks for any tips!!
      You may find that the agent has a standard agreement (which may be produced by their head office) and don't have the ability/can't be bothered to change it. We had a similar discussion with our landlord a few weeks back and the end result was that the basically said "We can't change it, we can't be bothered to explain what it means, so either sign it or get out." We signed it, including a letter which gave our understanding of the disputed terms to avoid confusion later.

If you have not signed the contract then I suspect both you and the agent can still pull out. I think they will have to return the deposit, minus any amount which they took for holding the house for you or preparing the contract. Depends on the agent.

Peter

Comment

Ahh, yes I suspected as much. Thanks Peter, for the relay. Cheers for responding.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X