seeking possession help on forms please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeking possession help on forms please

Hi, I rented my property with an initial 6month AST in Sept 05. No problems at first. Tenant on housing benefit and topped up rent herself. Since October last year payments have delayed by her not completing benefit forms and the top up stopped completely when she gave up her part time work. I issued a section 21 in January, housing told her that if she left they wouldnt re house her as she was making herself homeless. Housing benefit started paying part of the rent again until last month when they stopped it again. She tells us its because she was late with a sick note? As I have continued to receive part of the rent do I have to issue a section 21 notice again,and do we need to refuse the rent payments from housing benefit? (cant afford to do that really unless I have to) and after that period what court forms do I need to download and serve. I found a N119 but want to get it right as I need the property back due to my own circumstances changing. Also what time scales am I looking at? Any further info you need or any help offered would be great.
    Thanks

You don't have to re-issue your S21, it's still valid.

You can still accept payments from housing benefit or any other source until she leaves.

You need form N5B - accelerated possession procedure.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I will see if I can download one. Any other tips would be gratefully appreciated too.

Comment

tracking tenant down.

The tenant has finally gone................but without telling us, house a mess. No forwarding address (letter from po saying she got redirection). As she owes a great amount is there any way of finding her.....ie if we wanted to serve small claims court would we have right to know where she gone? (she was on housing benefit so they would know where she is)
        Have spent over £100 today changing the locks as a set of keys missing. Have the feeling we will just have to cut our losses.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X