Ability to let room with no windows but a skylight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there is sufficient living space I think you will be fine. Protected escape routes etc become a worry if you are renting out the property as an hmo. If renting to a couple or family no worries.

Comment

Thanks andybenw

Comment

If I read the OP correctly, it sounds like there is a protected route anyway.
        There is always scope for misinterpretation.

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

Comment

This is a great thread. I have an identical setup to the one described. I have 2 questions for the group - firstly is there an issue with the skylight not providing a means of escape if your room adjoins a corridor/hallway to the front of do of the flat? Secondly - if means of escape is not an issue in these circumstances, is a roof light a requirement or could this light be artificial?

Thanks for input. Regs on this are open to interpretation from what I have been able to understand.

Comment

I think that the lack of an escape route is problematic. You would be taking a big risk buying a property that is borderline compliant, if indeed it is compliant as the regulations are only going one way. All it takes is the Council to introduce additional/selective licensing and the room would probably become unlettable

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X