Arrears grace clause wording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrears grace clause wording

Does anybody have suitable wording for the 14 day grace clause that allows you to serve an S8 before the tenant has truly gone the full 2 months in arrears (i.e. the third month's rent is due)?

Originally posted by greengriff View Post
    Does anybody have suitable wording for the 14 day grace clause that allows you to serve an S8 before the tenant has truly gone the full 2 months in arrears (i.e. the third month's rent is due)?
    I found this rather old thread. If you need to refer to it, please know that g8 requires:
    a. NOT that there are two months' arrears; but only
    b. that there are two months' rent unpaid.

So assume rent due on 1st of each month.
    1 March: nothing paid.
    1 April: nothing paid.
    2 April is therefore the first day on which there are at least two months' rent unpaid (even though month2's is not yet a month in arrears).
    So L can serve a s.8 Notice under g8 on or after 2 April.
    Obviously add-in g10 (and g11, if applicable).

The same approach applies to a weekly rent (at least eight weeks' unpaid) but not to quarterly/yearly rents.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Using a rental guarantee agency
      by Lara
      The agent is your tenant. He will then rent out rooms in the house and it will become a HMO and you won't know who is living there. Likely, rent will be 11 months for the first year (he needs time to set up tenants). He is also likely to rent out the living room and/or divide rooms in two to maximise...
      24-09-2021, 09:51 AM
    • Using a rental guarantee agency
      by Luke
      I am the LL to a three bedroom property in London which is currently empty as the previous tenants moved out .
      I am having difficulty getting back to the U.K at the moment because I am abroad in a Covid red zone Country ,
      I have contacted an agency who have visited the property and given...
      22-09-2021, 11:54 AM
      by doobrey
      Nice guy. Sounds suitably professional.

Don't contact him again.

Find a proper agent....
      24-09-2021, 09:48 AM
    • Reply to MCOL & PCOL
      by OS7
      Yes Jon66.

A CCJ can be successfully set aside for 3 reasons broadly (as far as i understood the guidance)

1. Money is not owed at all
      2. Mediation agreement followed properly
      3. Defendant did not know about the CCJ

no 1 is not issue as they...
      24-09-2021, 09:47 AM
    • MCOL & PCOL
      by OS7
      Hello Everyone,

Via Section 21,i have recently been granted a possession order for my property to happen in middle Jan 2021. The tenants are claiming housing benefit and they owe rent arrears and monies just under £7000 - I have applied for MCOL and now currently waiting to request judgement...
      04-01-2021, 14:16 PM
    • Reply to S21 served expired EPC!
      by Kape65
      Gov.uk says "You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent." A simplistic view I know but if you didn't market the property you don't officially need one.
      24-09-2021, 09:13 AM
    • S21 served expired EPC!
      by Worriednow
      Hi All
      Hope you can help. I served a S21 notice on my tenants giving them 6 months notice to leave. The actual tenancy expired in August 2021 but with the Covid rules i had to give 6 months notice which means they have to be out by November.

The notice was served May this year but...
      23-09-2021, 20:02 PM
    • Reply to S21 served expired EPC!
      by jpkeates
      I think you have fundamentally misunderstood the responses that you have received.

Do what you think best....
      24-09-2021, 09:02 AM
      by jpkeates
      If someone sent me a message like that, they'd be blocked and ignored forever.
      24-09-2021, 09:01 AM
      by Luke
      The agency guy made me an offer which was quite below the market rate , I was considering the offer and two days later he asked me what I have decided to do . I apologized for not replying earlier as I had been busy sorting my tenancy agreement out .
      He replied "You MISUNDERSTOOD I gave...
      24-09-2021, 08:34 AM
    Working...
    X