Ex-pat landlords and court papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex-pat landlords and court papers

The landlord has to sign the n5b paperwork, and his agent is not allowed to. What if the landlord is an ex-pat living 1/2 way round the world? Does he really have to pay for a solicitor to sign? Seems crazy to me, especially as agents can sign and serve notice and speak at court :-( Am I missing something???

Originally posted by greengriff View Post
    The landlord has to sign the n5b paperwork, and his agent is not allowed to. What if the landlord is an ex-pat living 1/2 way round the world? Does he really have to pay for a solicitor to sign? Seems crazy to me, especially as agents can sign and serve notice and speak at court :-( Am I missing something???
    There is nothing to stop you drawing up a power of attorney for an individual or couple to act on your behalf.
    On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Because of the number of posts I have done, I am now a Senior Member. However, read anything I write with the above in mind.

Comment

Any idea how long that takes or how much it costs?

Comment

Originally posted by greengriff View Post
        Any idea how long that takes or how much it costs?
        Quite simple and should cost no more than about £80 + VAT.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X