Eviction data?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Eviction data?

    Hello everyone, it's my first post so be gentle with me!

    I'm a private landlord managing my own lettings (15 at the last count) , and (thankfully) haven't had any nightmare experiences with tenants for a couple of years.

    I was wondering if anyone knew if there were figures anywhere which listed the number of cases for possession heard in court, how many were successful, and what grounds were cited?

    #2
    I have seen info on this on another forum www.singingpig.co.uk under the property below market value section.

    I think the office of the deputy PM used to issue it, but don't quote me on that.

    Handy info to have if that is your market.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by steve_ View Post
      Hello everyone, it's my first post so be gentle with me!

      I'm a private landlord managing my own lettings (15 at the last count) , and (thankfully) haven't had any nightmare experiences with tenants for a couple of years.

      I was wondering if anyone knew if there were figures anywhere which listed the number of cases for possession heard in court, how many were successful, and what grounds were cited?
      Well done on having a clear round with no penalties so far. I hope that your success lasts but I doubt that it will. Tenants are often the source of nightmares for landlords (but then the reverse is sometimes true too).
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
        Well done on having a clear round with no penalties so far. I hope that your success lasts but I doubt that it will. Tenants are often the source of nightmares for landlords (but then the reverse is sometimes true too).
        I wouldn't say I've had a clear round, but it has been for a couple of years.... I had 2 nightmare tenants simultaneously before that period. Both involved small claims court (and both a waste of time ) !

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Colincbayley View Post
          I have seen info on this on another forum www.singingpig.co.uk under the property below market value section.

          I think the office of the deputy PM used to issue it, but don't quote me on that.

          Handy info to have if that is your market.
          I think I found the thread you mean, but it mentioned a faceless govt dept. I sent em an email anyway. Thanks for the singing pig url tho, that should make for some interesting browsing

          Comment

          Latest Activity

          Collapse

          Working...
          X