serving claim forms n5 and n119

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    serving claim forms n5 and n119

    On the particulars of claim form on question 9 it asks for this info -


    9.(a) There is no underlessee or mortgagee entitled to claim relief against forfeiture. or
    (b) ____________ of ______________ is entitled to claim relief against forfeiture as underlessee or mortgagee.

    Having read the guidance it says this -

    2.4 If the claimant knows of any person (including a mortgagee) entitled to claim relief against forfeiture as underlessee under section 146(4) of the Law of Property Act 1925 (or in accordance with section 38 of the Senior Courts Act 1981, or section 138(9C) of the County Courts Act 1984):
    (1) the particulars of claim must state the name and address of that person; and
    (2) the claimant must file a copy of the particulars of claim for service on him.

    My question is as its not clear in the guidance, do i fill this part in i.e. put the name of the mortgagee i.e. my lender here, OR is it for when lenders put claims in and they fill in this part? I cant quite understand what to do here, the property is on a mortage
    This is for a s8 claim

    Civil Procedure Rules Part 55 - Possession claims relating to mortgaged (Rule 55.10)

    Can anyone help, perhaps someone who completed a possession claim using S8.

    I am stuck with mortgage part on the form i.e. Q 9. The property is on a mortgage and the rules in Part 55.10 say that

    (1) This rule applies where a mortgagee seeks possession of land which consists of or includes residential property.
    (2) Within 5 days of receiving notification of the date of the hearing by the court, the claimant must send a notice to –
    (a) the property, addressed to ‘the tenant or the occupier’;
    (b) the housing department of the local authority within which the property is located; and
    (c) any registered proprietor (other than the claimant) of a registered charge over the property

    Does this only apply to lenders ? i.e. where is says claimant this actually means the lender? Or does it mean that I (landlord) have to send these notices?


      Originally posted by johns1955 View Post
      Does this only apply to lenders ? i.e. where is says claimant this actually means the lender?
      Yes and yes.


        Thanks you, so even if i have a mortgage i just leave this it as its for banks to fill in when they want to repossess?


          Does one claim pack i.e. n5 and n119 have to go to each tenant?


            serving claim forms n5 and n119

            who serves these forms on the tenant (defendent) ? is it the landlord or the courts? and on each n119 particulars it asks for defendant in the singular, so am i correct in assuming that for each tenant you put their names in the defendent box? and therefore if there are 3 tenants on the TA I need to send a set for the court, a set for landlord and a set each for each tenant? hence 5 sets all together to the court?


              Court will serve them unless you request otherwise.

              I may be wrong, but I think ALL defendants should be in the box. You need send sufficient for the court to retain one, for them to return a stamped one to you and for EACH defendant to have a copy. So, 5 in your case.


                Three related threads have been merged.
                I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating


                Latest Activity


                • Reply to Advice Needed
                  by Hudson01
                  I am very sorry to hear about the issue, i can add little more to what has already been said above, I am one of those lanldords spoken about in terms of about to sell up........ all that has been pointed out as to why we are all leaving is totally true, it has simply become too much hassle and with...
                  16-05-2022, 20:53 PM
                • Advice Needed
                  by Confused2022

                  I an trying to get as much information and advice for someone whom is very vulnerable and has many health problems.

                  The issue is they have lived at a property which they’ve rented now for 2 years just over, never missed a rental payment and never had any issues,...
                  15-05-2022, 15:45 PM
                • Reply to Invoice for work - am I being unreasonable?
                  by Hudson01
                  I agree with one of the other posts, Company A should have sorted the whole job, it sounds like a 10 mins job with maybe a collar for the pipework being tightened up and then some basthroom sealant are right.......... just under a ' monkey'' (Arthur Daley speak) for what is a simple pipe...
                  16-05-2022, 18:46 PM
                • Invoice for work - am I being unreasonable?
                  by Laurasplog
                  We have a London flat managed by an agent (full management service).

                  My husband and I were abroad, and got a call from the council saying the property was leaking sewage into the flat below. We contacted our agent immediately who sent someone around the same day (Company A).

                  16-05-2022, 12:58 PM
                • Reply to Invoice for work - am I being unreasonable?
                  by theartfullodger
                  What does your agreement (or terms & conditions sent) with this say about such queries, please? I'd start there first & then probably their complaints process (if they have one)

                  Is this the lettings agent on the block (of flats) management agent please?

                  I humbly note...
                  16-05-2022, 16:15 PM
                • Reply to Invoice for work - am I being unreasonable?
                  by Laurasplog
                  The pipework was found to be sound. I think Company A were there as an emergency "see if it's sewage and shut off the water if necessary". They said it was a pipework problem and a sealant problem. Company B carried out a full audit on the pipes and found it was only a sealant problem....
                  16-05-2022, 14:59 PM
                • Reply to Invoice for work - am I being unreasonable?
                  by Laurasplog
                  The letting agent engaged all of them. We gave them an instruction to fix whatever the problem was after the notification from the council there was a problem - we pay for a full management service.

                  I doubt the agency will give us money back because they've paid it out directly to the contractor,...
                  16-05-2022, 14:58 PM
                • Reply to Buying a tenanted residential property
                  by theartfullodger
                  In November 1979 BoE base rate hit 17% under Thatcher's government. My building society was kind by only raising their rates to 15%.....

                  IMHO rates will continue to rise. Sorry.

                  What you are proposing would breach your mortgage terms and possibly result in place being repo'd....
                  16-05-2022, 14:30 PM