Gas safety check

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gas safety check

    I have 3 properties and have had quote for £120 + VAT for each property for Gas Safety Check. Sure I only paid £60 each last year. Do you think this is reasonable. Am struggling to get 3 quotes from elusive plumbers!!!

  • #2
    I'm not sure about the going rate, but I only pay £45 a time for mine, so £120 seems very over the top.

    Keep shopping about until you find a good/reliable/cheap plumber. ( They are very few and far between )


    • #3
      Yes it sounds a lot to me - I pay about the same as Colin. Bear in mind the cost depends on the number of gas appliances you have though.

      There aren't many round my way now who do them. It's basically because it's a big responsibility for the CORGI to have to sign off on, and they can make their money much more easily. So the fewer people offer the service, the more they can charge for it.


      • #4
        Which area are they based? as this could be why they are so Expensive...


        • #5
          If the plumber doesn't know you - that is about what they will charge give or take in London. If the plumber has done other work for you like mine, then he charges me £45


          • #6
            We have paid £48 for each property for the past two years and they are brilliant, they liaise with the tenants for access etc and it makes life so much easier. If you are in the North East at all I will tell you who we use, just let me know.

            £120 seems a bit much to me


            • #7
              blimy!!! Im in SW and our guy charges 50 plus vat which covers boiler and check and then an extra £5 for each applicance (hob, fire etc). £120 seems steep to me! Not sure where u r based but if u need info pm me.


              Latest Activity


              • Mice in the flat - what to do?
                We have had mice for a while now. There's only one or two that we see (we're not overrun) but still, they've left urine stains in our cupboard and behind the skirting it's ridiculously filthy and soiled.

                Are we legally able to pay for a cleaner then subtract it from our rent next month...
                26-07-2017, 06:02 AM
              • Freeholder Scaffolding Over My Flat
                I have a leasehold studio flat with a garden in London that I rent out to tenants.
                Recently, the freeholder gave me three days notice that he was extending part of the building my flat is joined to and he would need to put scaffolding on my flat roof and in my garden. I immediately objected saying...
                24-07-2017, 21:20 PM
              • Reply to Freeholder Scaffolding Over My Flat
                Are you effectively saying it is standard for a freeholder to have access to build?
                I have looked at the lease, can anyone advise on someone that make the lease clear to me?...
                26-07-2017, 06:01 AM
              • Tenant application form
                Hi all!

                So we are just about to put our flat on the market to rent is there anywhere we can get a ODF application form that we can email to any prospective tenants?

                Thanks in advance,

                25-07-2017, 20:14 PM
              • Reply to Tenant application form
                You really need two forms.
                a) A simple one for first-pass selection containing your basic questions. The point of this one is to help you decide if you are going to waste any time at all (and the tenant's time), even on a viewing.
                b) A much more complicated one (have you ever failed to leave...
                25-07-2017, 23:54 PM
              • Reply to Freeholder Scaffolding Over My Flat
                I would expect any competent solicitor to have drafted the lease to give as many rights of access for building and repair as the freeholder was likely to want. You'd need to look at the lease to know.
                25-07-2017, 22:57 PM
              • Non- protected deposit, and disputes
                Q1 – Where is the rented property located? England

                Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this? Multiple tenants (a couple) - one tenancy agreement

                Q3 – What date did current TA start 01/11/2016

                Q4 – How long was initial fixed term 6 months
                24-07-2017, 12:25 PM
              • Reply to Non- protected deposit, and disputes
                If by that you meant that an application have been made for voluntary striking off the company from the register, then you need to contact Companies House to object to it on the grounds that 1) it has traded or otherwise carried on business within the last 3 months 2) that you are a creditor and that...
                25-07-2017, 22:55 PM
              • Burglary Damage - Who Pays?
                Our rented flat was broken into, in the process the Yale lock was broken and cost £100 to repair. The landlord is refusing to pay this on the basis we didn’t also lock the door with the mortice lock. We didn’t use the mortice lock as it wasn’t working although the landlord did not know this....
                25-07-2017, 11:40 AM
              • Reply to Burglary Damage - Who Pays?
                Would the same ring true if a tree had crushed the roof? Or some non-act of God event? Surely there is a limit to where the tenants responsibility ends and the landlord's begins?...
                25-07-2017, 22:07 PM