gravity-fed shower deceived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gravity-fed shower deceived

Hello everybody, this is my first post here, all comments are welcome.

Me and my girlfriend hired a flat for six months, when we viewed the flat everything was messed up (heating not placed on the wall, shower not hanged on the wall, no kitchen fittings...), but we were told everything will be fixed. We paid the reservation and we signed the contract before viewing the flat again, because the letting agency was closing at 18:00 and we needed to get the flat soon, they told us everything had been fixed.

When we went to the flat the main door wasn't closing, the shower wasn't hanging on the wall and some heatings were not properly hanged on the wall. We were really angry, we told the letting agency and they repaired the things the next day. But when we came to the flat and tried to get a shower the water doesn't come out if the shower head is up hanged, it only comes out if it is under the belly.

Now the letting agency says:

"The contractor has been to the property and said that the shower is due to the gravity force from the boiler. Unfortunately this is all we can do in regards to the shower as the landlord is not prepared to put a new boiler in."

and

"the landlord is not prepared to put a water pump in for you. This leaves the situation out of my hands."

My question is: do we have the right to get the shower working properly? When they showed us the property they said everything will be fixed, but we didn't talk about the shower head actually flowing water...

Thank you for all your answers and sorry for the long post.

It's a hard one as it wasn't demonstrated as working when you took the flat. Is the shower the only washing facility provided?

Is there anyway of getting your head below belly height to remedy the situation?
    "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

Yes they did not demonstrate it was working previously, but as all was a mess we didn't try. They said everything will be working fine, but they weren't specific with the shower.

Yes, it's the only washing facility. The only way to remedy the situation is take a bath, but without the shower you cannot rinse...

Comment

Originally posted by saymon View Post
        Yes, it's the only washing facility
        Apart from the bath. Washing facilities have to be provided. You have a bath. They've been provided.
        "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

Well seems a little bit unfair. When we viewed the flat, they showed us two flats in the same building. We chose the one we have because the guy told us there we can have a shower hanged on the wall not like in the other that had a window on top of the tap and was impossible. We didn't try the shower as we believed him. In fact they have repaired the shower-head, now it's hanged, even though they knew it wouldn't work!!

Can this behaviour be penalised?

Comment

Originally posted by saymon View Post
            Can this behaviour be penalised?
            You could try and sue them or vote with your feet.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X