Police break in /damage fixings.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police break in /damage fixings.

Hi , had bad news today ...all i needed, police broke in to my rented house ,
    causing damage to lock on front door damage nad to 4 fire doors, the person they were looking for left almost 2months ago without notification. Apparntley so police tell me they had a warrant and had seen th eperson recently going in and out of house ??? maybe he had cut a spare front door key i don't know , now having to change /repair /replace doors , very expensive . Where do i satnd please if anyone knows as to claim back damage caused ? Ploice are saying they were within there rights ?? but if they diod not arrest anyone nor find the person living there surely i have a case? Police officer told me i will have to submit a claim with receipts and they will consider it !

Originally posted by rks View Post
    Hi , had bad news today ...all i needed, police broke in to my rented house ,
    causing damage to lock on front door damage nad to 4 fire doors, the person they were looking for left almost 2months ago without notification. Apparntley so police tell me they had a warrant and had seen th eperson recently going in and out of house ??? maybe he had cut a spare front door key i don't know , now having to change /repair /replace doors , very expensive . Where do i satnd please if anyone knows as to claim back damage caused ? Ploice are saying they were within there rights ?? but if they diod not arrest anyone nor find the person living there surely i have a case? Police officer told me i will have to submit a claim with receipts and they will consider it !
    DUPLICATE POST- REPLY ON OTHER VERSION.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X