Should we include a cleaner in the rental price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we include a cleaner in the rental price?

Hi,

We're thinking about including a cleaner every 2 weeks in the price of the rent.

From our perspective, knowing that there is a cleaner going around there probably encourages the type of good behaviours that we want from tenants.

Does anyone have a view on this?

Thanks,
    J

It would encourage me not to care... I'm not going to clean myself if I know that someone is going to [get paid to, by me!] clean after me. I would want the Cleaner to work for their [my] money.

Comment

Is this your first time letting property ? ( Sounds like it )

Comment

Cleaners are difficult to manage (like anyone else) and you're opening yourself up to complaints about quality of service.
        If I were a tenant I wouldn't want someone I didn't know coming in to the house every fortnight (and wouldn't be able to stay in for).

Having had a cleaner in the past, I used to watch my wide tidying up before they arrived.
        I think its a gender thing.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post
          No, I've let quite a few...

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post
            yup

And we're coming out of the 'this is the home we created mode'!

This is a cleaner we've used for a couple of years ouselves.

Comment

Originally posted by jrturner1234 View Post
              And we're coming out of the 'this is the home we created mode'!
              You need to come out much further than that.
              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                You need to come out much further than that.
                Haha - we both run businesses so I don't expect it'll take us long to harden up.

Comment

You need to go back in. Worst mistake you could make, apart from letting to friends or family and not protecting the deposit properly. Seriously - detach yourself right about now. I know it's easier to write than do, but really do do it. You can only be disappointed if you don't. Let the Tenants live in it as their home and hope you get good ones. It's now an asset, not a nest.

Comment

Letting your previously loved 'home' to random strangers can only spell heartache in my book. I'm totally detached from my rental properties, they are bricks and mortar at the end of the day and don't have "the lovely wallpaper that we put up" or the "nice carpet that we chose" in them. Best of luck.
                    "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by jrturner1234 View Post
                      Haha - we both run businesses so I don't expect it'll take us long to harden up.
                      We may be hard in our ( my ) attitude towards you, but it's good to see you asking questions, and if first time landlords, there are NO silly questions.

As stated it is now an asset to let, is the tenants home for the duration of the tenancy, not yours, as you assign it over to them.

If you see them ( as HAS been seen on this forum ) some one hacking to bits a deer ( or wart hog, cat or dog, if a foreigner ) on your tiled kitchen floor, then that is for them to do, provided at the end of the tenancy they ensure all traces of blood etc has been removed from the floor and none has got down into the underlay / floorbords, then thats what you have to allow.

Welcome to " assigning" over your property to unknown persons, who's home it is for as long as you set, and you can't harrass them, other than 3 monthy visits, and even then, if they live like pigs, not a lot you can do.

Welcome to the joys of letting .

Comment

P.S. Continued from above

Deer
                        see "Weirdest-thing-your-tenant-did-in-your-flat"

click here - > > http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...d-in-your-flat

Page 1, post number 1.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                        X