Tenant causing me problems in getting property back on the market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the same tenant as in the thread below?

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ere-do-I-stand

Comment

Yes this particular tenant has caused me problems at every stage, however I dont want to confuse matters and would just like some sound advice on getting the property back onto the market.

Comment

You only have yourself to blame

Originally posted by Mavis808
        Yes this particular tenant has caused me problems at every stage, however I dont want to confuse matters and would just like some sound advice on getting the property back onto the market.

You only have yourself to blame by confusing matters yourself, multiply threads on same tenant and different users names !
        Thunderbirds are go

Comment

Wait until tenant has truly departed. Clean up, decorate and put on the market.

You can ASK the deposit holder in claiming for damages - did you have an inventory at the outset?

No, you cannot claim for communication problems with the tenant. Tenant can quite legally refuse to let you show the property whilst they have an ongoing tenancy.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Originally posted by Mavis808 View Post
            however am I able to hold any of their bond back due to the problems they have caused with getting the property back on the market?
            They haven't caused any problems with getting the property back on the market. It's not ready for the market as someone is still living there. If they want to live like a pig in it until the last day and not provide a show home for you to allow viewings prior to the end of tenancy they can.
            "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

Advice taken. Thank You.

Comment

Two related threads have been merged.

Any new threads posted in relation to this may be deleted.
                I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X