Anyone here also joined Wolverhampton Council's Private Sector Leasing scheme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpkeates
    replied
    Councils have a duty to house people and can't make profit.
    They have been forced to sell off their stock of houses and can't build or buy new ones.
    So they rent in and re-rent.

Private guaranteed rent schemes are so obviously a rip off, I'm amazed people can keep a straight face selling them.
    If I had a guaranteed money making scheme, the last thing I'd want to do is invite other people to share in it.
    You'd have investors banging your door down to give you money to buy property, you wouldn't need to find landlords.

Leave a comment:

• harrysmith
    replied
    well put ... lets say then... lesser smoke and less opaque mirrors !

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Sounds like the council are doing that anyway, doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• harrysmith
    replied
    hi, not *our* profits.. the private letting agents motivation to maximize *their* profits out of us, I'd never give my house to a *private sector* letting agency, all smoke and mirrors

Leave a comment:

• Wannadonnadoodah
    replied
    Originally posted by harrysmith View Post
    purely motivated by profit
    That's the reason I got into property. Can't imagine doing this and giving it to a company who doesn't want to make me a profit. Is this some sort of charity?

Leave a comment:

• harrysmith
    replied
    Originally posted by jta View Post
    Your post looks like spam to me, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

How is this crowd any better than a normal letting agent? What are their charges for this 'service'?
    Hi,

No not spam...

The link I sent is "Wolverhampton Homes", which in really just Wolverhampton Council's arm length organization that was spun off to manage their council stock years ago

Most people think its a bad deal, download the pdf from the link and see, but personally I'm willing to sacrifice short/medium term profit for the long run and deal with an organization were the staff are not purely motivated by profit

My main issue is that I'm now getting a yearly statement of what was spent on the property by the councils own repair guys (when above my £500 yearly allowance), and its this breakdown which I want to discuss with other landlords who have already joined the scheme so I can compare mine with theirs?

Harry

Leave a comment:

• Wannadonnadoodah
    replied
    Agree with jta. Seems dubious someone would join just to post how great a scheme they've been in for 4 years is.

Leave a comment:

• jta
    replied
    Your post looks like spam to me, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

How is this crowd any better than a normal letting agent? What are their charges for this 'service'?

Leave a comment:

• Anyone here also joined Wolverhampton Council's Private Sector Leasing scheme?

Hello,

I have two properties with them, one almost 4 years, other one two years

http://www.wolverhamptonhomes.org.uk...sector-leasing

Overall I'm in it for thee long term ... 10 plus years.. which makes the economics worth while

I have yearly reports of "work done on the property" over my £500 allowance

Want to query couple of things, just wanted some feedback/discuss first with anyone else who has joined the scheme as well?

Thanks

Harry

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Single parent renting
    by Dct
    I feel it's unfair to penalize single parent just because of receiving UC which is mainly used to pay childcare costs. She's no risk because she's on her own without that second income. I guess it's true there are fewer properties to rent and landlords can afford to be fussy. It's disheartening for...
    19-05-2022, 05:31 AM
  • Single parent renting
    by Dct
    A friend of mine who is a single parent with three children is trying to find a house to rent. She has three children and recieves UC mainly to help with childcare costs, but despite viewing several houses and showing interest and showing she is more than able to pay rent, she has been turned down and...
    18-05-2022, 16:32 PM
  • Reply to notifying utility companies of tenant change
    by DoricPixie
    You don't need the password of the vacating tenant. Their account with the utility company has nothing to do with you as you are setting up a new account not taking over the tenant's account. The section on the websites is usually called something like "Moving Home" and although you're not...
    19-05-2022, 03:26 AM
  • notifying utility companies of tenant change
    by flyingfreehold
    Does anyone have a shortcut? Right now we seem to have to hang on interminably long on the phone to provide details of leaver readings, put the account back in landlords name and then to provide new tenants' details when the place is re-let. Anyone know of a shortcut? We used to send out letters but...
    18-05-2022, 21:10 PM
    by flyingfreehold
    but how can you give the information online if you dont have the password of the tenant vacating?
    19-05-2022, 02:14 AM
    by DoricPixie
    You’re not really putting the account back into the landlord’s name, you’re opening a new account.

I thought the majority of utility suppliers let you set up a new account online as they don’t really want you phoning them either. Closing the account is all done online too and the...
    19-05-2022, 00:35 AM
  • Reply to Windows and front door smashed
    by Yorkie2020
    Thanks artfull, we have the CRN. we may need help from the place you suggested as I've never had to deal with an insurance company before and it's already looking like its going to be North of £1600 claim and they will try to wriggle out of it.

Had a very unpleasant chat with the tenant...
    19-05-2022, 00:04 AM
  • Windows and front door smashed
    by Yorkie2020
    Tenant messaged this morning to say her living room window and front door were smashed in last night plus some other damage. She called the police who arranged for someone to secure the broken window and door.
    In all the years of being a landlord, I've never had to make an insurance claim before,...
    17-05-2022, 16:41 PM
  • Advice for tenant asked for big rent rise
    by Renterthedragon
    I’m a tenant facing a sharp rent increase and in need of advice.

I have a good landlord who agreed to a rent reduction last year because of ongoing maintenance issues and lower market values. However, I can only communicate with them through an agency.

Approaching the end...
    18-05-2022, 22:10 PM
    by ash72
    I've not found any short-cuts, as each company has their own quirks on dealing with this. It usually takes a couple of calls to a customer services person to provide the information, due to GDPR they wont say anything about the exiting T.

Some Councils, seem to have an online form you can...
    18-05-2022, 21:21 PM
Working...
X