When could LLs start arranging viewings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrislo View Post
    Just a quick question: Suppose one month notice has been given to the T, when could the LL start bringing in prospective Ts for viewing?
    In practice, whenever the tenant agrees to a request from the landlord or agent.

Because if the landlord/agent can't show people round before you move out they'll lose money,
    they'll be keen to do it as much as they can as early as they can.
    Because it's your home and you don't want people wondering through it or being pressured to keep it tidy,
    and there's nothing in it for you, you'll want it done as little as possible or not at all.

Ideally a civilised discussion can be had, and a limited number of viewings arranged at convenient times.
    This is not always possible as the incentives for both parties are different
    (and, as a personal observation, most letting agents don't know how to instigate a sensible conversation with a tenant).
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X