Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LudoF
    replied
    It was a new one I think. When the new guy came, we just trashed the first one and signed all together a new one. For the date it was mid-January.
    It will be more easier for me to tell you details tomorrow, I will be able to have the Tenancy agreement.

Leave a comment:

• elniinio
    replied
    This may well change the advice. It sounds like you are in a joint tenancy and that's not something you can necessarily end just for one person, and it depends on when the most recent agreement was signed, and the dates on it, and what kind of agreement it is, as per Interlaken above.

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    What dates were on this document you all signed? Was it a new or replacement tenancy agreement?

Leave a comment:

• LudoF
    replied
    Helle Elniinio,

It is one contract for all the persons who live in the flat. We all move in different times. But when the last one came, we all signed the tenancy agreement again.
    Does that change something ?

Leave a comment:

• elniinio
    replied
    Did you have a contract just with your name on it and just for your room, or did you have a contract for the whole flat which has all flat sharers names on it? Did you all move in at the same or different times?

Leave a comment:

• LudoF
    replied
    Ok.
    Again thank you very much, you answers was very helpful.

If I other questions I will considerate to contact one of those are come back here.

Have a nice weekend

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    Yes he may well 'be afraid' - as you put it but he may also be ignorant as to what he should have done with the deposit. That is no excuse for him though.

You could contact Shelter the housing charity or go to a CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau) or some solicitors off 30 mins free to discuss a case. Or you can come back to this site and ask more questions.

Leave a comment:

• LudoF
    replied
    Thank you for your answer.

Now I know he can't ask us to pay if there is someone in the room. And it is good to know for the deposit, even if it i another matter, I could tell him about it and maybe he will be afraid...

Last question, if there is a real conflict (but I want to avoid that of course), is there any services who can help me ?

Thanks a lot for your answers

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    LudoF - When the landlord took the deposit from you legally he had to place it in a scheme and give you documents (called PI) telling you where it was to be kept.

If he did not do this you may have a very good case against him for not protecting your deposit - which is a separate matter.

Leave a comment:

• LudoF
    replied
    Thanks, so if I understand the question, the tenancy agreement mentioned the global deposit for all the flat, not per room. (just to remind I am in a flat share)

Leave a comment:

• noggin
    replied
    AST = Assured Shorthold Tenancy - in other words the tenancy agreement.

Leave a comment:

• LudoF
    replied
    Ok. For the deposit, it was written on the tenancy agreement I think. I haven't it with me to check.

I don't understand you last question. What is "AST" ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    You did not have tp protect the depsit, the LL did & within 30 days of receipt.
    Did you get a written receipt for cash deposit>
    Does AST state amount of deposit required?

Leave a comment:

• LudoF
    replied
    I was just arrived in england and as the landlord asked for a cash deposit I didn't know I had to do any protection. I heard about that later but I thought it was the landlord responsibility to do it (maybe it was naive...)

I suppose it is not good ?

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Is your deposit protected and were you given the details of where it was protected within 30 days of giving the deposit to the landlord?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X