died tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

died tenant

can someone plz let me know if it is illegal for a letting agent not to tell potential tenants that a tenant had died in a property before they sign the tenancy and still not tell them even after

IMO it is not illegal and prob not necessary, unlike neighbour disputes.
    People die in properties every day and most are re-occupied or sold.
    May depend on notariety of death, murder,suicide or body not found for several weeks.
    Are you prospective T, LL or LA?
    No-one in UK can predict exactly when & where they will die, unless it is in a specific flat in Switzerland.

Too many sensitive people around these days!

Comment

we moved in only to find out by the neighbour that the old tenant over dosed and died in the flat

Comment

Originally posted by leon2016 View Post
        we moved in only to find out by the neighbour that the old tenant over dosed and died in the flat
        Why exactly is that a problem for you? Seriously - why do you think you should have been told?

Would it have made a difference if this had happened 5 years ago? 50 years ago? 150 years ago?
        We live in a country where a large proportion of the housing stock is over 100 years old (my own home included); and it's more likely than not that someone has died in most of them.

Comment

Agree with .... some of the above, there are far too many sensitive people in the country today, as said.... according to the ONS there are approx 8,500-10,000 people die in England and Wales every single week, that does not include Scotland or NI..... So the chances of some of those passing away in a property you either own, have owned, will own or live in at some point is reasonably high. Just look forward to happy times in the place and live for now, our available time is shorter than we think.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
            I... unless it is in a specific flat in Switzerland.
            !
            very droll!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X